Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Defensively, comparing this year to last...

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Accounting for the multitude of injuries, I'd like to ask everyone to think about the playcalling differences between McDermott and Meeks. Do you think the playcalling is better under Sean, or worse? Likewise, if you preferred Meeks, why so?

Posted

ask this time next year.

Posted

Haven't really seen much of a difference between the two. I think Meeks had a bit more talent to work with last year. Well, he had healthy linebackers anyway. But the defense had no help at all last year.

All I can see is that we need an upgrade in talent, or health or a combination of the two.

Posted

some people don't realize how good jon beason is and how big a part of this defense he was

Posted

Wasn't Fox running the defense at this time last year?

Posted

I have seen way better adjustments this year. Way more audibles from the defense. Looks a lot more flexible. I think if we can be better at stopping the run this defense can actually be top 5 once Beason is back.

We also need Sherod Martin to step up or an upgrade at Saftey.

Posted

im no defensive guru but from what i understand we are running far less cover two schemes and far more man coverage.

Posted

I have seen way better adjustments this year. Way more audibles from the defense. Looks a lot more flexible. I think if we can be better at stopping the run this defense can actually be top 5 once Beason is back.

We also need Sherod Martin to step up or an upgrade at Saftey.

I'm surprised at Martin's play this year, but not in a good way. I think we have to upgrade here; he's just not progressing.

Posted

I'm surprised at Martin's play this year, but not in a good way. I think we have to upgrade here; he's just not progressing.

that's what everyone said about Godfrey...

Posted

really impossible to talk about McD and Rivera in regards to the defense.

No offseason and too many injuries. They are just trying to survive and get through the season. We will get a good idea next year about what they want to do defensively and how effective it is.

Posted

i think this defense is much more adaptable than the last one.

once we have a healthy team, a couple additions/upgrades in personnel, and a year of experience under their belts, and a full offseason this defense can be top 10. i'd settle for top 15, though, which is what i think they will more likely be.

Posted

Surprising amount if logic in this thread.