Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hotsauce

Breaking Bad Season 5 (Here)

245 posts in this topic

yeah i used to like mike, but he's as good as dead. the intro scene was among the most powerful this show has ever had.

Dude that open was amazing. When they showed Walt taking the lid off of the final barrel right after Todd uncovered the kids hand... Walt was like the grim reaper standing there.

I have been re-watching a few episodes from S1. It's amazing to see Walt come up with any excuse not to kill someone who would kill his entire family and then watching him in this last intro casually disposing of a little kid. He's come a long way.

I have to admit that I was VERY late into rooting against Walt. I actually wanted to see him get away. But ever since he's had the opportunity to walk away a millionaire and continue to hold up his empire, I've have slowly turned against him.

And man as he nonchalantly flat out lied to Jesse about thinking of the little boy that died all night, was just gut wrenching. He has absolutely no remorse about anything anymore.

I have to admit that I was VERY late into rooting against Walt. I actually wanted to see him get away. But ever since he's had the opportunity to walk away a millionaire and continue to hold up his empire, I've have slowly turned against him.

And man as he nonchalantly flat out lied to Jesse about thinking of the little boy that died all night, was just gut wrenching. He has absolutely no remorse about anything anymore.

But that's why the dinner scene was so great. He set that whole thing up to show Jesse how shitty his life is now, with Skylar's affair, and her counting down the days till his cancer comes back.

Like he said this business is all he has to live for.

Oh I agree, at that point I was like...he is right. That's all he has left, but theres a part of me that says, you know, I'd really want to just cash out.

Nonetheless, this is amazing TV we are watching.

We just watched the episode last night (were gone on vacation) but after literally screaming "NO!" when the episode ended I turned to her and said that I don't think I have ever enjoyed a TV series this much. Surely not one as an adult.

Worst thing I see on TV each week....

WGv1z.jpg

That is exactly what the writters have been trying to do, get the audience to hate Walt.....I remember in an interview with the shows creator, he said he was suprized after last season that so many people still liked Walt.

women still wanted to marry ted bundy while he was sitting on death row too

That is exactly what the writters have been trying to do, get the audience to hate Walt.....I remember in an interview with the shows creator, he said he was suprized after last season that so many people still liked Walt.

In a weird way, it is similar to the character "Stone Cold Steve Austin" from WWF days.

Remember no matter what Stone Cold did, he was always really well liked. Turning him heel was almost impossible.

In a weird way, it is similar to the character "Stone Cold Steve Austin" from WWF days.

Remember no matter what Stone Cold did, he was always really well liked. Turning him heel was almost impossible.

Yeah its just like that.

Yeah its just like that.

I am PRETTTTTY sure this was sarcasm.

I wasn't just saying it because they are both bald and have goatees.

Both men's characters could have easily been hated if it was someone else playing the part, or the characters played the part slightly different.

I can say with 100% honesty that I really didn't start rooting against Walter until this season. (Started at the very end of season 4)