• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

sorry to hear it Dimbee...I grew up without grandparents with the exception of one gramma that I saw only once or twice when I was wee little. I'm sure I missed out on a lot of great experiences.

I hope for you, your fiance and all her loved ones that she is in comfort and goes in peace!

#17 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,198 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

Hang tight bro. We should all be so lucky to live that long a life.

#18 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

Sorry to hear about that buddy, but on the flipside (if such a thing exists under the circumstances) she lived a very long life, and clearly touched many and was a positive influence.

We should all be so lucky.

#19 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

Prayers sent.

#20 5158Poundin

5158Poundin

Here Kitty Kitty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

Prayers sent. Amazing she has some time to say her goodbyes and can say I love yous a last time. What a blessing she has had such a family and life!

#21 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

Thanks everyone, it is much appreciated. Memere is still with us, but she does little more than sleep and when awake, smile at everyone. It has been an incredible showing by the family. Her kids, her grandkids, her great-grandkids and even a couple of great-great-grandkids. She has been blessed with an amazingly loving family. She's such a sweetheart.

#22 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,250 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:32 PM

Hard to lose someone you love no matter the age. she sounds like a great lady. Glad she is blessed with great support...sounds like she has been a blessing herself during her life.

Thoughts are with you and your fiance.

#23 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,419 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

sorry man that is some tough poo to go through for you and your old lady....I can only wish I could live to my 90's I doubt I make it pass my 60's///

#24 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

Thoughts and prayers, dimbee.

#25 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

Terrible to hear... Just be there for your girl, she'll need you and will push you harder than she has shown u in the past in the coming weeks.

Just stay calm... How you help her deal with this will likely shape your relationship for better or worse.

#26 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:00 AM

Thanks everyone, it is much appreciated. Memere is still with us, but she does little more than sleep and when awake, smile at everyone. It has been an incredible showing by the family. Her kids, her grandkids, her great-grandkids and even a couple of great-great-grandkids. She has been blessed with an amazingly loving family. She's such a sweetheart.

Not that it is ever easy but that is a good way to go out. Everyone should be that blessed. Good on you and your girl's family for being there for not only her but each other as well.

#27 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,397 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:06 AM

No kidding and thanks man.

Mom died at 42, dad at 59. At 34 I reckon my ride is already half over.

#28 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

Mom died at 42, dad at 59. At 34 I reckon my ride is already half over.

Nonsense! I'll hope for the best, at least. :)

Memere is still holding on but she is starting to lose touch with reality. She mentioned how nice it was to see her sister to say goodbye. Her sister has been dead for many years. She is getting bedsores, sadly, which are causing her quite a bit of pain. The doctor gave her a small dose of morphine but that has resulted in her being extremely nauseated and has been dry-heaving for the last hour or so. I don't want to see her pass away, but at this point, I almost wish she would let go and release herself from her struggles and pain... as well as her family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.