Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

g5jamz

Hillary thinks pirate attacks are hilarious

114 posts in this topic

I don't see what the big deal is, she stumbled on her words and laughed about it. That deserves 4 pages of wrath? Can't imagine what would happen if she farted... :lol:

I know this pirate situation is serious business and we all hate Hilary but jeez...

Just what exactly arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you saying?

good job President Obama.

I don't see what the big deal is, she stumbled on her words and laughed about it. That deserves 4 pages of wrath? Can't imagine what would happen if she farted... :lol:

I know this pirate situation is serious business and we all hate Hilary but jeez...

Ah yes, but if it was a Bush or some other republican there would be twice as much hate toward them.

Ah yes, but if it was a Bush or some other republican there would be twice as much hate toward them.

you guys better step it up then.

Somehow suspending habeus corpus seems so much worse than bowing when meeting royalty, but that's just me.

Somehow suspending habeus corpus seems so much worse than bowing when meeting royalty, but that's just me.

You were saying?

Obama to Appeal Detainee Ruling

By THE NEW YORK TIMES

Published: April 10, 2009

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration said Friday that it would appeal a district court ruling that granted some military prisoners in Afghanistan the right to file lawsuits seeking their release. The decision signaled that the administration was not backing down in its effort to maintain the power to imprison terrorism suspects for extended periods without judicial oversight.

In a court filing, the Justice Department also asked District Judge John D. Bates not to proceed with the habeas-corpus cases of three detainees at Bagram Air Base outside Kabul, Afghanistan. Judge Bates ruled last week that the three — each of whom says he was seized outside of Afghanistan — could challenge their detention in court.

Tina Foster, the executive director of the International Justice Network, which is representing the detainees, condemned the decision in a statement.

“Though he has made many promises regarding the need for our country to rejoin the world community of nations, by filing this appeal, President Obama has taken on the defense of one of the Bush administration’s unlawful policies founded on nothing more than the idea that might makes right,” she said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/11/world/asia/11bagram.html?_r=2

I wonder how many of you secretly hoped Obama would fail in regards tot he hostage crisis just so you'd have your talking points....sad really

Panthers Lover has the right tack - as the economy keeps pointing to signs of real recovery, as the "Obama does not tell us everything will be alright when Pirates Attack!" speech is slowly revealed as stupid....she tells us that upholding the policies of the guy she voted for is a sign of how terrible he is lol

BTW I imagine that there is more to that story then revealed in that paragraph, but we will see.

I wonder how many of you secretly hoped Obama would fail in regards tot he hostage crisis just so you'd have your talking points....sad really

Sad that you would wonder that? You liberals are SO obtuse...