• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 Herb

Herb

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:05 AM

I love this quote, I feel the same way when I see players post there plans to go out, on twitter, after a lost.

This resonates so much with me. It's not like my life and week is ruined when we lose, but it definitely bums me the **** out. How could it not? But when we win it's just incredible. To be a winning team year in and year out is something we have NEVER had. For that to become normal would just be out of this world awesome.

#32 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:09 AM

Say what you want. Newton throws other people under the bus A LOT. If he can learn ONE thing from his PR manager it's not to even MENTION other players in ANY negative light. "I hate seeing other players making plans to go out", the media doesn't need to know that, it just makes him seem like he's putting himself on a pedestal, plus the quote about Vince and Jamarcus, he didn't have to mention them specifically he could've just said "because of what others have done before me".

But hey I know Cam is Cam and people are going to defend what he says no matter what b/c of his great play. (Which might I add I'm LOVING 130%)

Valid criticism, especially the part about JaMarcus and Vince, but Cam will mature and grow smarter with his words. Very good article tho.

#33 PantherBoy95

PantherBoy95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:14 AM

Valid criticism, especially the part about JaMarcus and Vince, but Cam will mature and grow smarter with his words. Very good article tho.

Glad you see where I'm coming from. I'm sure he will. I love that cocky/ "swaggerific" demeanor he has though to an extent. If he can turn this organization into one that is FEARED that would be a dream come true in the football aspect of my life lol :eek6: Let's just hope he can be a LEADER and not attempt to overdose on the role and try to play Rent a Cop with too much power lol. (IMO I know people get tired of Ray Lewis talking (pretty sure I've even read a player say it once))

#34 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,812 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:16 AM

so...he's on the cover for the beginning of the playoffs? suck on that The Golden Calf of Bristol!

#35 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,989 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:17 AM

"Some people are afraid to say what they want, but I'm not," says Newton. "I want to be the symbol of success in this league. I want to win multiple Super Bowls. To get there, you have to have a relentless will to be something far greater than what you are. You gotta have that edge."

The work ethic, that's the key to Cam's and the Panther's long term goals.
Hope Cam continues to succeed and find success so easy.
Or we're all going to be leaping off tall buildings.
He could maybe internalize that fire just a bit. :P

#36 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:19 AM

Those articles make me...

Posted Image

Edited by Irv, 28 December 2011 - 01:21 AM.

#37 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:20 AM

The Jamarcus Russel comment is well deserved, since by all accounts he was a lazy fatass that just soaked up millions of dollars. Even his teammates said so. All the idiots trying to say Cam was Russel 2.0 at the beginning of the season was annoying for me, I can't imagine how the man himself must have felt, no matter how confident.

Young still plays, even if he's a backup, so that might ruffle some feathers, especially in the Panthers/Eagles game next year.

But hey, controversy just means more publicity, and you know what they say about that.

#38 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:22 AM

Glad you see where I'm coming from. I'm sure he will. I love that cocky/ "swaggerific" demeanor he has though to an extent. If he can turn this organization into one that is FEARED that would be a dream come true in the football aspect of my life lol :eek6: Let's just hope he can be a LEADER and not attempt to overdose on the role and try to play Rent a Cop with too much power lol. (IMO I know people get tired of Ray Lewis talking (pretty sure I've even read a player say it once))

Competitiveness is a double-edged sword. Tom Brady was just shown on TV screaming at his offensive coordinator. Peyton Manning called his kicker an "idiot." Drew Brees will send you to run wind sprints if he feels you're not giving enough effort in practice.

I'm sure he'll keep it in check but don't be surprised if he becomes more vocal and fiery within a few seasons. There's a standard he sets for himself and the team, and he expects others to try to match it.

#39 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• HUDDLER
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

By the way, that sound you hear is the rest of the NFL pooing their pants.

#40 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:54 AM

There were also up to 10 run plays a game for the linebacker-size quarterback who showed up on the first day of practice and smoked the team's fastest players in a series of wind sprints.

Really? Either Cam jogged his 40 or we have some slow ass players

#41 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• HUDDLER
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:57 AM

Really? Either Cam jogged his 40 or we have some slow ass players

Wind sprints are more about endurance than speed.

And on a sidenote, 40 time is not the be-all-end-all indicator of running speed, because that's just one snapshot at 40 yards (a distance a player rarely runs in an actual game.)

Cam's acceleration is phenomenal for his size, that's more key to his ability to outrun people on the field than his top-end speed.

#42 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,378 posts
  • LocationMaine/Cali

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:58 AM

My favorite article on Cam to date.

#43 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:04 AM

Wind sprints are more about endurance than speed.

And on a sidenote, 40 time is not the be-all-end-all indicator of running speed, because that's just one snapshot at 40 yards (a distance a player rarely runs in an actual game.)

Cam's acceleration is phenomenal for his size, that's more key to his ability to outrun people on the field than his top-end speed.

I would think RBs, CBs, WRs are conditioned to run sprints. Nothing against Cam but no reason he should be smoking Smith, Williams, Goodson in sprints.

Anyway great article. There are just so many great things Cam.

Edited by chef17, 28 December 2011 - 02:08 AM.

#44 wahoojunior

wahoojunior

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:08 AM

Say what you want. Newton throws other people under the bus A LOT. If he can learn ONE thing from his PR manager it's not to even MENTION other players in ANY negative light. "I hate seeing other players making plans to go out", the media doesn't need to know that, it just makes him seem like he's putting himself on a pedestal, plus the quote about Vince and Jamarcus, he didn't have to mention them specifically he could've just said "because of what others have done before me".

But hey I know Cam is Cam and people are going to defend what he says no matter what b/c of his great play. (Which might I add I'm LOVING 130%)

I understand what you are saying here, but I think Cam's blunt honesty at times is something that I identify with. It makes him seem more like a human being and less like a politician. I think people should be allowed to express their true feelings. That being said, being an NFL quarterback does require a little bit of political correctness, and that will come with time as he starts reflecting on protecting/preserving his own legacy.

#45 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,783 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:22 AM

Wow....Cam is only 22 years old and talking like a true vet....how lucky are the Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.