Photo
- - - - -

Connor to test free agent market

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#73 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

TD was/is just as valuable to this team as Beason.. I know a lot of fans may disagree, but they fail to realize how talented that guy is.. it's really a shame he couldn't grow into the all-pro talent he was destined to become.. had already become..

Yea it really sucks. He finally had it all figured out and was playing lights out.

#74 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

Dan is a valuable piece of the team. Will hate losing him. Because we can basically replace him and save money doing so. His value is at depth and ST play. Teams tend to save money on those guys.

I am sure the Panthers will offer him what they consider a fair offer. It will be up to him on whether he is here next year.

Just my thoughts, and GOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#75 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

HUDDLER

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

Dan is a valuable piece of the team. Will hate losing him. Because we can basically replace him and save money doing so. His value is at depth and ST play. Teams tend to save money on those guys.

I am sure the Panthers will offer him what they consider a fair offer. It will be up to him on whether he is here next year.

Just my thoughts, and GOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he was making the league minimum, we're not going to save any more replacing him

#76 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Connor deserves his shot, he's bided his time here and stepped up when called upon, I wish him the best...outside of the division.

#77 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

but I don't think that plays to his strength. Thomas Davis when healthy is simply flat out a much better WLB than Beason could be imo. We need to find more talent at LB. Beason is perfect where he is.

I would take TD given the choice, but it's hard for me to believe TD can be relied upon coming off his 3rd torn ACL... so given the current roster, Beason is the next logical choice at WLB in my mind and it gives us a chance to get Connor on the field as well.

#78 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

he was making the league minimum, we're not going to save any more replacing him

He is playing on the last year of his rookie contract. He will be looking for a raise and playing time. Neither of which he is going to get here. So replacing him with a rookie contract, is going to be cheaper.

Beside the fact we have a plethera of LBs floating around that are already under contract, and that can offer pretty good depth. Because a lot of LBs got playing time this year, our depth should be better next year. Which is another good reason Connor is probably not going to be here next year.

I hate losing a player like Connor who has experience. I just do not see him being a Panther next year. Unless he is willing to play on the cheap, which I cannot see him doing.

Just a few thoughts, and GOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#79 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

I would take TD given the choice, but it's hard for me to believe TD can be relied upon coming off his 3rd torn ACL... so given the current roster, Beason is the next logical choice at WLB in my mind and it gives us a chance to get Connor on the field as well.

I see where you are going, I just happen to believe that Beason needs to stay in the middle. Plug in one of the Williams boys, or Applewhite at the Will and we are fine. Maybe one of them steps up his play, and we are even good to go.

IF Davis does not come back we have players that played that position this year. So we will not be starting from scratch. I do not see that as a reason to move one of the games best MLBs out of position. I would rather suffer at Will, which I am not convinced is a given, than not have Beason in the middle.

We have enough holes to fill, no need in adding one that does not exist.

#80 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

I subscribe to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," which says you don't move your All Pro MLB outside unless there's a better option at the MLB position.

#81 CarolinaAllDay

CarolinaAllDay

NY Panther's Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

hes smart. he knows beasons gonna be back, andersons playing well, and there are two other guys fighting for that last LB spot.

Prolly wont get any bites. Maybe chicago will try and turn him into urlachers mini me.

#82 klumme

klumme

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:00 PM

Prolly wont get any bites. Maybe chicago will try and turn him into urlachers mini me.

Connor in a Tampa 2 ? Not a great fit at all.

#83 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

We did that in 2010 and Beason's production dropped dramatically. We need a true WLB. Beason should play in the middle.

Beason's play may have been limited, but the linebacking trio as a whole was much improved.

What do you want more, stat padding one guy or a balanced defence?