Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Htar

After watching John Wall last night

182 posts in this topic

Meaning he will have a legit title contender once every four years and if he went out and recruited Wall for one year as opposed to sticking it out with Larry Drew it could hurt him in the long run. Idk just my observation...He's not in a good position to bring Wall in from a PR standpoint because then the next MCDs AA that comes along that needs until his Junior year to develop (a la Felton, Lawson, maybe Strickland) will say thanks but no thanks because he knows he could just get replaced by a one and doner that catches Roys eye.

K is not in that situation because Nolan Smith has had 2 years to prove he can play PG at an elite level and he hasn't done it...

Sid Lowe is obviously not in that position...

Calipari is not in that position because its a whole new team anyways

Roy is the only one with the dilemma of demoting a highly touted player to make room for a more highly touted player...Doesn't look good. And when recruiting is all about connections and who you know, losing the Atlanta area would not be good for business. Remember that Drew Sr. is an assistant with the Atlanta Hawks and is pretty influential out in California too.

bottom line Wall is not going anywhere that he will not be able to be the Superstar....Whether this is Carolina, Duke, NCSU, Baylor, Kansas, or Kentucky. He wants to be the guy and doesn't want anybody change his style of play. Coach K and Roy Williams have said in and usually recruit "team" players first, and try to stay away from "star" players......There were reasons why neither team really went too hard on Derrick Rose, Michael Beasley, etc......They just did not fit the "team" Player role like the others those teams had recruited.

bottom line Wall is not going anywhere that he will not be able to be the Superstar....Whether this is Carolina, Duke, NCSU, Baylor, Kansas, or Kentucky. He wants to be the guy and doesn't want anybody change his style of play. Coach K and Roy Williams have said in and usually recruit "team" players first, and try to stay away from "star" players......There were reasons why neither team really went too hard on Derrick Rose, Michael Beasley, etc......They just did not fit the "team" Player role like the others those teams had recruited.

What do Derrick Rose and Beasley have in common? No titles.

I mostly agree with that other than the fact that Wall is being portrayed as a "me first" type of player when he isn't. The fact that it is taking him longer to make his decision is giving him a bit of a bad wrap that isn't really deserved.

I mostly agree with that other than the fact that Wall is being portrayed as a "me first" type of player when he isn't. The fact that it is taking him longer to make his decision is giving him a bit of a bad wrap that isn't really deserved. And...Roy Williams didn't go after Rose because he had Ty Lawson and didn't go after Beasley because he had Hansbrough. Not to mention nobody really "went after" Beasley because he was just following around coaches that he knew...his recruitment never really opened up.

I largely agree with that other than the fact that Wall is being portrayed as a "me first" type of player when he isn't. The fact that it is taking him longer to make his decision is giving him a bit of a bad wrap that isn't really deserved. And...Roy Williams didn't go after Rose because he had Ty Lawson and didn't go after Beasley because he had Hansbrough. Not to mention nobody really "went after" Beasley because he was just following around coaches that he knew...his recruitment never really opened up.

maybe I shouldn't have protrayed him as the "me" first player, because honestly I know nothing about the kid except from what I have read n here and just what I have been reading and the media is protraying him as this type of player which I think is coming more from his "Handlers."

Really? After you trashed Coach K and Duke for taking an interest to him. You have really lost all credibility on here. If i didn't like someone to go to Duke i would say and not back down if they went there. Everything you say is poo. Not to mention you had to start your own thread to spew your poo. Why not post it in the John Wall thread like everyone else?

Hey, prick! I have an opinion and the right to express it...I don't attack you or anyone else on here. I'm not that thrilled about the Wall deal, but I also do not know all the issues regarding his handler (Clifton) and neither do you...What I do know is the kid can play and would be great leading the break in CH.

I trash K because he's an arrogant, selfish prick who obviously teaches his players to hack, smack, foul and assault. Do you need me to post pics to prove my point?

As for my credibility? HAHAHAHA! IT'S A MESSAGE BOARD, MORON!

Not everything has a link to a website my friend...

Hey, prick! I have an opinion and the right to express it...I don't attack you or anyone else on here. I'm not that thrilled about the Wall deal, but I also do not know all the issues regarding his handler (Clifton) and neither do you...What I do know is the kid can play and would be great leading the break in CH.

I trash K because he's an arrogant, selfish prick who obviously teaches his players to hack, smack, foul and assault. Do you need me to post pics to prove my point?

As for my credibility? HAHAHAHA! IT'S A MESSAGE BOARD, MORON!

Just an FYI...you have the right to express it without personal attacks