Photo
- - - - -

Biggest need for Newton

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
113 replies to this topic

#106 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

I don't think that Cam needs leadership skills. I believe that he has already grabbed the respect of the team and this will make him a better leader. Lets face it, we can all be better at what we do. I will admitt that I would like to see Cam come to the sideline after a failed series and sit down with the OC and go over pics of O & D, strategize and gameplan. However, I do understand that everyone is different and Cam has to grasp this on his on. Sucess won't come every series and you won't win every game. Thats not accepting losing, thats being realistic.

#107 CarolinaPanthers2K11

CarolinaPanthers2K11

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

That's what happens when you defer leadership to the vets and the vets suck... That is the face of someone who is biting their tongue because their seniors either can't, or refuse to get it right...

You won't see a lot of it next year...

#108 xav8tor

xav8tor

Foul Weather Fan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

I think Cam is coming to grips with the realities of the NFL and the improvements that need to be made on the team a a whole. While I too was more than a little uncomfortable with the towel and apparent sulking, I understand we don't see or hear him for the whole three hours and how he acts. I did see him fire up the offense in the huddle recently and heard him give a pep talk in the tunnel when he was wired on either Versus or Showtime last week

In all respects, he is giving it his best shot to improve any and everything he can. I for one won't be surprised if next year, the team adds a "C" to the "S" and "1" on his jersey. If he hasn't earned it already, he will...soon.

#109 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

A defense.

#110 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

apparently Rivera wants more leadership from Cam too :rolleyes:

http://www.kffl.com/...from-cam-newton

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... look at you!

#111 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

That's what happens when you defer leadership to the vets and the vets suck... That is the face of someone who is biting their tongue because their seniors either can't, or refuse to get it right...

You won't see a lot of it next year...

I agree, when it came down to it there wasnt really anything the vets could say to Cam. For example Jordan Gross is supposed to be a All-pro Left tackle and at times this year he looked a damn rookie and seemed like he was playing lazy at times letting edge rushers go right by him. I KNOW Jordan Gross is better than that. Yeah maybe Cam could have chose his words better but he was right in the fact that everybody else needs to get on his level in that interview. It has definitely been a losing mentality around this team.

Edited by CPF4LIFE, 07 January 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#112 WhiteBoysCanRun22

WhiteBoysCanRun22

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

Cam's fine @ everything except anger management & patience. Whenever he became angry b/c of a bad catch or b/c we're losing, he would throw the ball WAY too hard & cause an interception or bad drops (even Smith couldn't catch a few b/c of how hard Cam was throwing. He also threw a few picks b/c he wasn't willing to wait or simply throw the ball away

#113 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Jerry Richard$on and Gettledouche apologist

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

He should look to imitate other great leaders.

For instance, Andy Dalton threw his helmet on the sideline when his team was down against the Texans. Cam should try it.

#114 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

Cam's fine @ everything except anger management & patience. Whenever he became angry b/c of a bad catch or b/c we're losing, he would throw the ball WAY too hard & cause an interception or bad drops (even Smith couldn't catch a few b/c of how hard Cam was throwing. He also threw a few picks b/c he wasn't willing to wait or simply throw the ball away

So now we're sitting there looking for any reason to say the media was right atbout Cam being like VY.

Tom Brady chewed his receiver out for what was really his fault, the defense coordinator gets chewed out by the media and NO ONE feels Tom needs anger management and patience.

Cam gets completely fustrated and goes off by himself to cool off and he needs anger management and patience.

I see such an extreme double standard towards this kid it's not even funny anymore. And I seriously wonder why?

Evenmore disturbing, the fact that QBs like Cam are encouraged to be treated with such scrutiny while all kinds of excuses are made for QBs like The Golden Calf of Bristol.

IMO, Cam's biggest need is a team that comes to work knowing their job and doing it as if their lives depended on it. Cam needs help from his offense and he need help from his defense.

Edited by footballisasport, 08 January 2012 - 01:14 PM.