#1 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,516 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:26 AM

http://www.bizjourna.../06/daily1.html

Nearly 60 percent of small business owners think the Obama administration doesn’t understand the needs of small firms, according to a recent survey conducted by City Business Journals Network.

To see a copy of the survey, click here (light registration required). To see small business owners attitudes toward the downturn, click here. To see what they're saying about the Obama administration, click here.

More than 40 percent are less optimistic about the national economy than they were when President Barack Obama took office, compared with 26 percent who are more optimistic. Nearly half think Obama will serve only one term in office. When asked their political affiliation, 42 percent said they were Republicans, 34 percent said they were independents and 16 percent said they were Democrats.

The survey was based on Internet interviews of 301 business owners, CEOs and presidents of companies with five to 499 employees. City Business Journals, a subsidiary of Charlotte, N.C.-based American City Business Journals, said the survey sample was weighted by size of business and geographical location to reflect the small business community at large.

The interviews were conducted from March 13 to March 21, a time when the public became outraged by $165 million in bonuses awarded by American International Group, a company that has received more than $180 billion in taxpayer money.

Subsequent telephone interviews with some of the survey participants show that anger over bailouts of financial institutions and auto makers have colored many small business owners’ opinions about the economy and Obama.

“He’s putting all this money into a big sump hole that isn’t going to do anything,” said Martha Gazay, owner of Pacific Travel Center in Tacoma, Wash. “I think he’s bankrupting America.”

“I see inflation coming,” said Pat Moore, owner of Moore Enterprises, a 150-employee Overland Park, Kan., company that provides private-duty health care.

Several small business owners said even huge companies should be allowed to fail.

“If you didn’t run your business properly and you can’t survive, go away and let the strong survive, because that’s the way it’s always been, and that’s the way it should be,” said Ronnie Nudelman, owner of Whitney Printing Corp. in Buffalo, N.Y.

But Mark Bazrod, owner of LPI Software Funding Group in Wayne, Pa., said the banking bailout was necessary, even though he thinks banks created many of their own problems. Unlike many small business owners, he is more hopeful about the economy now that Obama is president.

“I’m much more optimistic about the economy because I think he’s a smart guy, and he’s approaching the problem in a systematic fashion,” said Bazrod, whose firm leases software to businesses.

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,738 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:02 AM

Obama was not a small business like W.

#3 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,516 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:04 AM

Considering that obama's economic policies put the squeeze on small businesses the most, it's a criticism that he's going to have to answer to.

#4 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:33 AM

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that neither party knows a goddamn thing about small business.

#5 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,809 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:47 AM

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that neither party knows a goddamn thing about small business.

im not even sure what's considered a small business anymore.

i mean is it just a meaningless talking point because from what i've seen anything that isn't a multi-national corporation is considered a small business

#6 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,809 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:51 AM

like seriously during easter dinner yesterday at the club i heard someone bitching that obama's war on small businesses was keeping him from expanding to eastern europe

#7 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:15 AM

Love Club food.

Anyway, in my line of business, all I deal with are "small businesses," which in my own personal scope means anyone with 50 or fewer employees.

#8 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,809 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:17 AM

Love Club food.

the lamb was a little dry but the skirt steak was fantastic and the crab legs were perfect

#9 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,191 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

Love Club food.

[ame][/ame]

#10 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

the lamb was a little dry but the skirt steak was fantastic and the crab legs were perfect

My Easter tradition is to throw mint jelly on any servant who looks at me in the eyes.

#11 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,738 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:47 AM

oh hahaha sweet one

#12 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

My Easter tradition is to throw mint jelly on any servant who looks at me in the eyes.

Ummmm, mint jelly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.