• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#61 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:04 AM

The Golden Calf of Bristol drives football purists like me nuts. All the respect in the world for him as a person, but as a player? Ugh :(

As to Newton, I never got much into the character discussions because my doubts about him were football related. Once he was drafted, my hope was that those doubts would be answered. Happy to say they have been.

as a person, both Newton and The Golden Calf of Bristol have my respect. As runners, i like both, The Golden Calf of Bristol isnt a speed guy, but he's a patient runner that has great vision. as passers, Newton is there, The Golden Calf of Bristol needs to get there, but i think he can be average with work this offseason.

#62 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

as a person, both Newton and The Golden Calf of Bristol have my respect. As runners, i like both, The Golden Calf of Bristol isnt a speed guy, but he's a patient runner that has great vision. as passers, Newton is there, The Golden Calf of Bristol needs to get there, but i think he can be average with work this offseason.

The Golden Calf of Bristol doesn't pass the ball. He flings it.

His passing motion and mechanics neded to be rebuilt from the ground up by somebody who's a better quarterback teacher than anyone who's ever likely to serve on John Fox's staff.

I doubt he'll ever be more than an average passer at best. It is possible to build a winning team around a QB like that, but it's harder. Much harder.

Edited by Mr Scot, 09 January 2012 - 01:36 AM.

#63 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,908 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:33 AM

Eddie Murphy

Joe Piscopo

#64 letha

letha

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:40 AM

I dont wish The Golden Calf of Bristol bad luck...but I have NEVER heard a player talk about this much...when I turn on my radio all I hear is talk about The Golden Calf of Bristol...when I turn on ESPN all I hear is The Golden Calf of Bristol...Hell they did not even talk about Vick this much...What in the hell is going on here ????

#65 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,140 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

Wow...

#66 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:26 AM

316 also appeared in The Golden Calf of Bristol's yards per completion (31.6) and the steelers time of posession (31:06). the broncos also averaged 316 yards per game throughout the regular season.

Armageddon stuff:
The army mentioned attacks the Saints in the New Jerusalem.
Saints = football team
Israel's flag is white and blue
The Colts' colors are white and blue
The Super Bowl is being played at the Colts' stadium
Saints vs Broncos confirmed for the SB

and for his 21 attempts, there are 21 chapters in the book of john.

Next week: 31-6 Patriots.

#67 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,092 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:40 AM

He is the anti-christ prophesized by Nostradamos that was supposed to come about right before the end times. A guy that was too good to be true, a great leader, and a jesus lover.

Yup I am convinced he is the anti-christ.

...and he likes boys

#68 jb_online

jb_online

Nag, Nag, Nag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:13 AM

From other thread

Yeah, that stood out as very strange to me, too. It seems that everything about this game was touched by someone or something... call it God or whatever you want... it was a weird game, for sure. I guess I'll call myself an agnostic, because I don't think I'll ever know one way or another what's going on in the Universe. People let religion dictate their lives and use it as a weapon too much in my opinion. I'm content with leaving some questions unanswered and just enjoying my time here. But these coincidences are pretty cool.

#69 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:44 AM

The Golden Calf of Bristol has a beard. Jesus had a beard. The similarities are everywhere.

And supposedly, neither had any bearded clam!!!! OMG!!!

#70 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,958 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:17 AM

Austin 3:16 says: "I just whipped your ass"

Maybe that's what he was going for?

#71 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

The Golden Calf of Bristol played good. he hit open wide outs who then out ran the slow cbs. lol thomas deserves more credit for that play. The Golden Calf of Bristol was more accuarate today though, but still just to open guys.

steelers big ben has also been hurt and still almost won, so The Golden Calf of Bristol did nothing amazing.

DAVID GARRARD(jaguars 2008) went into the steelers HOME and beat them. rex grossman has got to the sb also. all had great defense.

The Golden Calf of Bristol is decent but this is a one time thing this year. he will not beat tom brady because tom is not hurt or having an "off" year(p.rivers).

you could say the same about newton having a one one hit season BUT if you do the eye test you will see that newton has GREAT SKILL and potenial to GROW to be an elite qb. while one hit wonders stay the same then regress later on down the line.

(I REPEAT)THE GUY CAN ONLY HIT WIDE OPEN TARGETS!!! thats a bad sign for an nfl qb because of the tight windows. he also fumbles alot, so lets not for the 3 weeks of misery he just had. broncos need to be looking for new qb in the draft or someone like green bay's matt mauk(kevin kolb 2.0??) in fa.

#72 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

oh and The Golden Calf of Bristol gets talked about, not because he has great character(we think!!) but, hes just a poster boy for the discussion of somthing bigger.........RELIGION. thats why The Golden Calf of Bristol is polarizing, because people have been arguing about religion for years. and The Golden Calf of Bristol is OPEN ABOUT christianity while other guys just go about there business.

now The Golden Calf of Bristol never says crazy stuff like his supporters but he is open about it and he also was a HT and NC winner at UF. football also is the most popular sport in the world, f**k soccer. lol

#73 smash_n_dash

smash_n_dash

Double Trouble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

66-6? really?

#74 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

I dont wish The Golden Calf of Bristol bad luck...but I have NEVER heard a player talk about this much...when I turn on my radio all I hear is talk about The Golden Calf of Bristol...when I turn on ESPN all I hear is The Golden Calf of Bristol...Hell they did not even talk about Vick this much...What in the hell is going on here ????

The Golden Calf of Bristol is filling the void Brett Favre left with the media when he retired. The Golden Calf of Bristol appeals to a similar demographic.

#75 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,484 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

He is the anti-christ prophesized by Nostradamos that was supposed to come about right before the end times. A guy that was too good to be true, a great leader, and a jesus lover.

Yup I am convinced he is the anti-christ.

...and he likes boys

A man dressed in blue from the West is the description IIRC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.