Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Colin Cowherd: Panthers will be most improved team in 2012

40 posts in this topic

The only thing that would be better than watching footage of Cowherd getting his ass kicked by a very large and extremely capable cage fighter would be footage of that same fighter mercilessly kicking the sh-t out of Cowherd and Bayless at the same time.

I would buy the blue ray combo pack with digital copy.

Takes a strong passion to hate--this is why Cowherd has flourished.

To be honest I felt this way about him. Then I stopped taking him seriously and I look forward to hearing his elitist horse poo views. He knows who he is and how he is and he rides it.

This is great news. Reminds me of all those years when they would predict big years for us only to have us bottom. Then they would predict bad years and we'd make the playoffs.

next year will be the year we buck that

Cowherd and Bayless are nothing alike.

Hate on his personality and delivery of info all you want but Cowherd is probably one of the most informed radio/tv personalities in all of sports and backs up any opinion he has with very good arguments. Is he all about ratings? Of course, that is his job and he is very good at it but that doesn't discount his knowledge and contacts he has in the sports world.

3 people like this

Skip Bayless just argues the opposite point just to be that guy. Cowherd rarely brings up a point without some evidence.

You can like or not like whoever you want, but comparing those two is ludicrous

I don't hate either of them. If I did I would say I would like to beat the shat out of them and not someone else.

Both of them are jerks and all jerks deserve at least one decent thrashing in their lives. I would just like to have it on my ipod is all.

Hate on his personality and delivery of info all you want but Cowherd is probably one of the most informed radio/tv personalities in all of sports and backs up any opinion he has with very good arguments. Is he all about ratings? Of course, that is his job and he is very good at it but that doesn't discount his knowledge and contacts he has in the sports world.

this is true. they are very different and yet somehow equally deplorable.

not a cowherd fan, but i agree.

This. I love listening to The Herd. Way better than Jensen and light years better than Garcia. Guy makes my brain ache.

Except when it comes to the Cowboys. Boy oh boy is he delusional about the Cowboys.

Except when it comes to the Cowboys. Boy oh boy is he delusional about the Cowboys.

He is delusional about Romo mostly....he knows it gets people fired up and that ratings meter goes to 11 when he does that stuff. That type of thing is just the entertainment piece of it and not to be taken all that serious.

I understand why some people hate him. He comes off as an arrogant, egomaniac, smart a$$ elitist but that is the radio personality that made him the giant he is today. The Howard Stern of sports talk radio so to speak. Just like Stern, if I don't initially agree with his opinion in the beginning of the topic, by the end of it I can understand and usually respect his point of view at least.

I will give Colin this, whether it is NBA, colllege hoops, NFL, college football, boxing, etc.....the guy is well informed and can talk about it all. Whether it's his contacts in Vegas, the coaching world, players, former players, etc. he leverages it all and knows his stuff.

I sound like a Cowherd blowhard but I actually am not and his schtick starting getting old to me. I prefer Dan Patrick over him all day long but I definitely respect what Herd does.

1 person likes this

I like Cowherd. He's right on most of the time and he admits it when he calls one wrong. (he openly admitted he whiffed on the cowboys this year...and Cam.) Everyone famous is going to have haters. I can see why The Golden Calf of Bristol lovers hate him, and I can see where Brady and Romo haters are going to dismiss his opinions. You can't please everyone when you're in the opinion business. He's nowhere near as bad as Bayless, though.

Well I guess that means we'll suck again. fug!