Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NBA Playoffs Rd 1: New Orleans Hornets vs. Denver Nuggets

Who will win?   8 votes

1. 1. Who will win?

• New Orleans Hornets
    • Denver Nuggets

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 posts in this topic

Posted

i was there...and after we realized that 40-60pts were a possibility we became Nugz fans. why not root for history, i mean screw it. hornets suck anyway.

Should have busted out the paper bags!

Posted

d82b03fce633ef93c5c55fcd0cb1aa59-getty-86012946ge021_hornets_nuggets.jpg

Melo makes it out of the 1st round!!!

I know in the past Ive been pretty critical of George Karl and his track record in the playoffs, but the Nugs look for real this year boys & girls. They destroyed this Hornets team (beat them by 58 on their home floor in game 4!!!) and are playing good defense for the first time I can remember. Chauncey Billups outplayed Chris Paul this series and is a stabilizing force at the PG position. The Nugs also have a deep ass bench with active athletic guys like JR Smith, Anthony Carter, & Chris "The Birdman" Anderson. Lake Show better watch out, cuz I think these Nuggets can contend wit them if they make it to the Conference Finals.

Posted

Chris Paul has some splaining to do.

Posted

article in the NY times said Chris Paul might demand a trade. Talk about your all time implosions in the playoffs.

Posted

article in the NY times said Chris Paul might demand a trade. Talk about your all time implosions in the playoffs.

Same ole Hornets. Small market team that has trouble keeping its stars happy. I wouldnt blame Paul totally for this one. He was clocking 40+ minutes a night as the Hornets have no backup to spell him. The guy was worn down this series. His supporting cast also didnt play as well and the Hornets have no bench. To be a good playoff team you have to have a bench. If he bolts outta the NO, that team is done down there. He's the only guy on their squad that can sell tickets.

Posted

Chris Paul quit. Plain and simple.

Posted

CP3 won't demand a trade, he's about to enter the 1st year of his max deal. He didn't quit either, he's worn out and didn't get much help.

Posted

The whole team quit on Byron Scott. He's going to be the scapegoat for this one.

Posted

BS isn't a very good coach but he's not the big problem, the Hornets FO is horrendous. They've managed to turn what was once a young and promising roster into a roster full of aging shooters with no potential. But you're right that they'll make him the scapegoat.