Banned..With Neg Rep:out:

#32 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

I could see millions, those huge light up logo signs at the stadium wont be cheap.

Probably modify a lot of stuff or just phase it out.

#33 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

Sure, get rid of the dumbass PSLs and I'll be happy to contribute.

There are ALWAYS PSLs for sale. You must keep in mind, no PSLs, no stadium, no franchise. Don't piss and moan, buy yourself a PSL.

#34 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

I wouldn't be opposed to the city offering to help pay for some of the renovations as a way of thanking the Richardson's for bringing the team, and thus the millions of dollars in economic impact it has created, for buying the team and building the stadium without any public funds.

But then again, I do take a sense of pride in the fact that unlike most other teams, our stadium was built and is maintained entirely by private funds.

#35 smitty_89

smitty_89

Panther for Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

I could see millions, those huge light up logo signs at the stadium wont be cheap.

This. I've recently opened a new gas station and 2 simple numbered LED signs cost $5,000. So I can only imagine what a huge sign with custom logo design and requirements would cost. Easily in the six figures. Here are 2 on the outside that have to be re-done.

Posted Image

Edited by smitty_89, 07 February 2012 - 10:40 PM.

#36 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

my friend bought a packers stock so he is techincally a partial owner lol. i would love to do the same thing for the panthers

#37 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

The NFL isn't responsible for team stadiums, it is the Owner(s) responsibility.

the owners are the league is the owners

#38 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,042 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

Based on the revenue the stadium and the Panthers bring to the city and county, I would have no problem with spending some significant tax dollars to upgrade/renovate the stadium.

#39 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

Our schools are a mess.

If they can give us a Super Bowl it's money well spent.

#40 BOW BOW BOW BOW™

BOW BOW BOW BOW™

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

Banned..With Neg Rep:out:

Neg rep, oh no.

#41 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

The problem with Charlotte getting a Super Bowl isnt the stadium. Its the few amenities the city has to offer and the lack of premier hotels. Charlotte has to step up its "tourism" game if it wants a huge event like a Super Bowl. We're taking baby steps first with this DNC later this year. If we can handle things like that, maybe down the road we can accommodate the big game.

Indianapolis, Jacksonville, and Detroit say hello.

#42 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

The problem with Charlotte getting a Super Bowl isnt the stadium. Its the few amenities the city has to offer and the lack of premier hotels. Charlotte has to step up its "tourism" game if it wants a huge event like a Super Bowl. We're taking baby steps first with this DNC later this year. If we can handle things like that, maybe down the road we can accommodate the big game.

Idny can't be much better than Charlotte if at all.

#43 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

This. I've recently opened a new gas station and 2 simple numbered LED signs cost $5,000. So I can only imagine what a huge sign with custom logo design and requirements would cost. Easily in the six figures. Here are 2 on the outside that have to be re-done.

Posted Image

Just take the old ones down and not replace then with the new logos. Wouldn't cost anything besides to pay for the labor.

#44 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

my bank account looks like -231.54 or something like that. don't think I can contribute to the cause

#45 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,791 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:45 PM

Posted Image

I used to work for Lightbulb Depot in Charlotte and let me tell you. If the Panthers wanted to upgrade the signs and all that, the lights they could get from that place would be hella cheap for one reason, actually two. 1. They would want their business so they can provide them exclusively with bulbs for the whole stadium, so it would be very cheap. Trust me, I know the owner. 2. Create a scratch my back and I'll scratch yours type of deal, quality bulbs at rock bottom prices for tickets, etc etc. They used to have a deal with the Bobcats, I used to run that account, but when I moved on from that place the guy in charge of all maintenance stopped dealing with the company because the guy that took over the account was a douche bag. I laughed, really hard when I heard that.

On a side note, I think you over paid for those signs man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com