Photo
- - - - -

Hines Ward?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#46 jb_online

jb_online

Nag, Nag, Nag

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

I admit that when I hear about marque players being released I always think how they'd fit with the Panthers... it's like a knee-jerk reaction, so I don't see a real problem with opening a forum for conversation on the subject. However, my second thought is no, Ward is not going to work with the Panthers organization. It would be Keyshawn all over again: sign a big name guy who is over the hill for his name and jersey sales - that isn't what we need. I'd rather stick to what we have than try to force a new piece into the machine.

#47 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

I don't think he fits. He doesn't wanna play special teams and he isn't better at this stage than Smitty, LaFell, Gettis....

#48 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

How about HELL NO!

#49 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

Don't think he fits, got plenty of possession WRs.

#50 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

Or in honor of Whitney Houston: Hell-to-the-no.

#51 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

Only if we could get Brett Farve to throw to him.

#52 Real Emotional Trash

Real Emotional Trash
  • PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

If the Steelers couldn't find a way to utilize Hines Ward, then how would we? Like we need to pair up an aging wide receiver with another one?

And let's be honest, have you guys SEEN the new Batman trailer? The only way Hines Ward can score a touchdown and outrun anyone is if the entire stadium and field is blown up by an evil villain.

#53 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

Here is the serious answer:

This isn't plausible, at all, because it is not within the recent history (you know, since we purged the roster) of this franchise. Hines Ward is way past his prime and neither him nor TO, nor any other player near retirement will suit up for the Panthers next season.

In fact, every single thread about signing _______ that happens to be a recognizable name is NOT going to happen. Every single year we do this, every year the same result. It is NOT going to happen, stop asking (or you can...its a free country/message board).

#54 Phil

Phil

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

Here is the serious answer:

This isn't plausible, at all, because it is not within the recent history (you know, since we purged the roster) of this franchise. Hines Ward is way past his prime and neither him nor TO, nor any other player near retirement will suit up for the Panthers next season.

In fact, every single thread about signing _______ that happens to be a recognizable name is NOT going to happen. Every single year we do this, every year the same result. It is NOT going to happen, stop asking (or you can...its a free country/message board).

i dont know, i was surprised by the shockey move.

#55 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

Everyone was suprised by Shockey move. So much so that there was never a "You know who would be good for us...Jeremy Shockey" post. It was more like... We just signed Shockey..... <stunned silence>..... Then it was like Um... good move? Then it was the Steve Smith and Shockey on same team post. Along with the We need to get rid of Steve Smith now post, and then ......

#56 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Yeah, I don't remember the "Hey we need to sign Shockey!" thread. But there are so many...anyway it is easy to not open the threads that have a proper title.

#57 The Saw

The Saw

Also a Panther fan.

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

Hines Ward is a player that is dedicated and lives the game.
I think he can be a good addition to any team, he may have a few years left in him.