#1 o803oVaDeR

o803oVaDeR

Formerly Known as Dragn0422

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

Anyone know of any tax refund delays? I was supposed to get mine today, and it still has not shown up yet. I have several bills I had set to come out over the next few days because the money was supposed to be there. The Wheres My Refund site is not working either. This is what I get for trusting the government, I guess.

#2 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

Yea I was supposed to get mine last week. Bastards held my money all year and now this.

#3 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,219 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

I won't be getting a refund, so I will be delaying filing my taxes

#4 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

Today is not over and it was just past 9am went you posted that. Patience grasshopper...

I don't know how all that works but with yesterday being a bank holiday things might take a bit of time to process today. I know on my online account I have 24 pending transactions that have not gone through back from 2/15.

Is the refund date an exact thing usually or is it kind of like an esitmated delivery date on a package? Either way be careful spending / counting on money you don't have in hand.

#5 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

The IRS only does deposits on thursdays and mondays....There have been delays due to the number of people using online tax programs such as taxact, turbo tax, etc. They are taking extra time to verify that you are who you saying you are. Can take 10-21 days this year as compared to 8-15 in previous years.

Plus they have had alot of trouble with there Wheres My refund website....seems to crash every other day.

#6 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Sometimes they have so many on one day, that some get pushed back to the next day...Also if it is a larger refund, your bank is more than likely to "warehouse" it for a day or so....check with them first before you start freaking out.

#7 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,400 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

Some refunds deposited around 2:00.

#8 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

I filed mine almost a month ago, and still haven't got my state refund yet.

#9 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Our federal was over a week late being deposited. If you were supposed to get it today, it will probably next deposit date before you get it.

#10 TheThrillIsGone

TheThrillIsGone

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

You should try to break even at the end of the year anyways.

#11 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

I have several bills I had set to come out over the next few days because the money was supposed to be there. The Wheres My Refund site is not working either. This is what I get for trusting the government, I guess.

That is what you get for paying bills with money you didn't have. Stupid to blame the government if you end up overdrafting because of that.

Honestly, I wish I could say more and say it in a different manner but I'll probably get an infraction.

#12 o803oVaDeR

o803oVaDeR

Formerly Known as Dragn0422

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

I have several bills I had set to come out over the next few days because the money was supposed to be there. The Wheres My Refund site is not working either. This is what I get for trusting the government, I guess.

That is what you get for paying bills with money you didn't have. Stupid to blame the government if you end up overdrafting because of that.

Honestly, I wish I could say more and say it in a different manner but I'll probably get an infraction.

Wow....kinda crazy for my words to get you in such an uproar. The last line was mostly just a joke. If you have something else you want to say that is not appropriate for the forums feel free to pm me. Sorry if i get a little upset when the government, the only people we should be able to trust, lie. If i file a tax return and it says you will have your money on or before this date then i truly felt like i should have it. I am sure they would expect money from me on the day i said they would have it if the tables were turned. But regardless of all of that it is probably an issue with the bank anyway. Thanks for the advise most of you gave on this thread.

#13 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

For what its worth I haven't got mine back either. :o

#14 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,130 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

i blame our ADD uber impatient culture. for the love of the Pony Express do we not remember a time before the net and how long we had to suffer to get something?

geez

#15 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Yeah, at least you guys are getting something back. Uncle Sam will have to wait until the tax deadline for my bank draft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com