#31 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

I think that we draft the BPA in our top need and I think that everyone would agree that our top need is Defense. The only question that's left is: 1) CB or 2) DT?

#32 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

Kiwanuka was also drafted by the Giants dont forget..

Kiwanuka can play OLB in a 4-3 or a DE. He is now a full time OLB unless have and injury and need him on the line.

#33 sml1950

sml1950

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

Has Jerry got a son in this draft? I thought he learned his lesson in nepotism a few years ago.

#34 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

It depends on whose there at #9. If Blackmon is there you take him, if Claiborne is there you take him but those two are pipedreams so I want Coples or Brockers. Trading down we could get Kirkpatrick or Jenkins but we can't reach and take either on with #9.

#35 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

I hope we go D as well . Just for poos and giggles what if we had someone lined up to give us a high 2nd rounder for Stew. Ok then?
(No one will trade for DWill's contract)

So my options are:

a) A potentially great RB and the ~40th best player in the draft

or

B) A proven great RB and the 9th best player in the draft

I take JStew and the top 10 talent any day of the week.

#36 NJPanthers89

NJPanthers89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

Brockers could end up being a bust and Richardson could end up being AP. Don't act like you know whoever we pick will be a great defensive player. That draft is still very much a crap shoot. Richardson is definitely a better prospect than either Brockers or Coples dont kid yourself.

For those arguing that Richardson wont help this year, i got news for you. Neither will Brockers or Coples.

#37 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,003 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

coples could definitely help this year.

#38 NJPanthers89

NJPanthers89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

Coples will beat out Hardy in his rookie year? You cant be serious he's not JPep and he's extremely raw..

Plus Richardson can return kicks this year and prepare to be a starter along with Deangelo the following year.

I very much want a defensive upgrade, but the draft is about taking the best player and it simply cannot be argued that either of those 2 defensive guys are better than Trent Richardson. Nobody has even attempted to argue it yet actually which was the point of this thread..

#39 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

Brockers could end up being a bust and Richardson could end up being AP. Don't act like you know whoever we pick will be a great defensive player. That draft is still very much a crap shoot. Richardson is definitely a better prospect than either Brockers or Coples dont kid yourself.

For those arguing that Richardson wont help this year, i got news for you. Neither will Brockers or Coples.

Don't take everything so personally. I never said that the 9th pick will be a sure-fire elite talent. However, the chances of the 9th best pick becoming elite is better than the ~40th best pick.

#40 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,003 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

lol, why did i come in this thread?

#41 NJPanthers89

NJPanthers89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

Not taking it personally at all...

Every year people say our defense is fine and the offense needs help. Then during the season the offense is fine but the defense struggles. You never know what unit will struggle, what unit will have injuries you just have to have to take the best players you can at each position in the draft.

Nobody has even attempted to argue in this entire thread that Brockers or Coples are better prospects than Richardson because you cant.

We have Fua, McLain, Edwards, Neblett at DT all coming back. You have invested just as much there as any position based on last years draft. Who is sitting behind Deangelo and Stewart? Not too mention that Stewart may be gone or franchised coming up..

Edited by NJPanthers89, 24 February 2012 - 05:05 PM.

#42 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,003 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

so, why are you arguing richardson over decastro? decastro looks like the best guard that's come out in the last 10 years... BPA right?

#43 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

Not taking it personally at all...

Every year people say our defense is fine and the offense needs help. Then during the season the offense is fine but the defense struggles. You never know what unit will struggle, what unit will have injuries you just have to have to take the best players you can at each position in the draft.

Nobody has even attempted to argue in this entire thread that Brockers or Coples are better prospects than Richardson because you cant.

We have Fua, McLain, Edwards, Neblett at DT all coming back. You have invested just as much there as any position based on last years draft. Who is sitting behind Deangelo and Stewart? Not too mention that Stewart may be gone or franchised coming up..

Because, like you said, there's not much of an argument. If that's what you're looking for, then why even make the thread? I assumed that the question was, if TR is there, do you take him (BPA), or BPA based on need. In that scenario, I go BPA on DL or OL.

Although I do agree with you on the fact that the DL has a lot of potential there. I am interested to see how Fua and McClain develop after an actual offseason and a year of experience. However, at the same time, we don't know how the FO and Coach Rivera feel about Fua and McClain outside of a couple reports. If they don't feel like they can get it done then you cut your losses and try to keep working on it. We did that last year when we drafted Cam when we already had Clausen, Pike, and Moore.

Edited by GamecockSmitty4, 24 February 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#44 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

Richardson could end up being like Eric Shelton, Reggie Bush, Donald Brown, Laurence Maroney, etc. Why do you act like Richardson will be the next great NFL running back? Richardson could end up being a bust, and brockers could be the next Kevin Williams or Suh. Couples could be the next Jared Allen or Mario Williams. We don't know if any of them will, you can't know richardson will be a success.

#45 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

players on the panthers have said that they've heard rumblings that Rivera and Hurney are looking to draft CB or DT with the #9 pick. But also someone else within the organization said they are taking a good hard look at OT. So I would expect it to be one of those 3 positions. CB, DT, or OT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com