Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tarheelpride

UNC - Virginia

71 posts in this topic

The "you didn't attend the school" argument is so old and played out. For both sides. The rivalry wouldn't be what it is if only alumni were allowed to be involved. Its a STATE rivalry that has exploded beyond that. If fanhood was restricted to individuals that attended the universities it wouldn't be the same. Not even close.

I couldn't agree more. I just wish we could have a discussion about Duke and unc with rational thoughts and ideas. unc fans complaining about "elitist" students at Duke, are you kidding me? Have they ever been to Chapel Hill? Both programs have "elitist" mentality because they can they are both elite programs. unc fans complain about Duke getting all the calls from refs, are you kidding me? Take a look at your own team and how many calls they get, unc has been called for an ACC low of 207 fouls, where Duke has been called for 272. unc also has taken more 87 more free throws then their opponents while Duke has taken only 30 more free throws. Both programs are great and it's a fun rivalry as long as fans don't act like complete idiots and just make stuff up or resort to name calling. Duke has 4 Ncaa titles and unc has 5 so you don't get much closer then that.

I gotta bad feeling about this team heading into the tourney

Your guys need Marshall to step up like he did against State and hit some shots and your guys will be fine. Your depth could be a problem with the games being so close together but the great thing about the Ncaa tourney is all it takes is a team getting hot to win it all.

HAHA

I bet you "couldn't agree more"

No kidding

and shutup already about the fouls dude. If you really think you can make an argument using the numbers alone then you have proven to us all that you don't watch the games, you don't understand dick when you do watch and you likely are the biggest dook whiner ever seen on these boards.

UNC does not foul. It can't. And it is smart enough to know it. Conversely Coach Kay has consistently floored the most slap-happy, arm-hacking team in the ACC. Every year those clowns are more schooled in what they can get away with than what they should not do. Just because you have a year where its getting called a bit you start ref complaining.

Do you have any idea how ******* ironic it is to see a dooker complaining about referees? When was the last time any dooker ever worried about the refs. All they have done for you clowns over the years and one bad year you cry freedom for your reparations.

This comedy from you made my day btw. Exactly what everyone needed to see to kickoff national spit in a dookies eye week. Here's to you getting yours.

HAHA

No kidding

and shutup already about the fouls dude. If you really think you can make an argument using the numbers alone then you have proven to us all that you don't watch the games, you don't understand dick when you do watch and you likely are the biggest dook whiner ever seen on these boards.

UNC does not foul. It can't. And it is smart enough to know it. Conversely Coach Kay has consistently floored the most slap-happy, arm-hacking team in the ACC. Every year those clowns are more schooled in what they can get away with than what they should not do. Just because you have a year where its getting called a bit you start ref complaining.

Do you have any idea how ******* ironic it is to see a dooker complaining about referees? When was the last time any dooker ever worried about the refs. All they have done for you clowns over the years and one bad year you cry freedom for your reparations.

This comedy from you made my day btw. Exactly what everyone needed to see to kickoff national spit in a dookies eye week. Here's to you getting yours.

Biggest Duke whiner on this board? Why don't you tell me what I have whined about? I haven't whined or complained about the refs at all, I simply pointed out that Duke has been called for more fouls then unc and unc has shot more free throws then Duke. Me stating facts doesn't mean I am complaining.

unc does not foul and is smart enough not too! That is the funniest thing I have EVER heard. How irrational can you be? You also made the comment that coach K somehow teaches them how to foul and get away with it and I would like to know where you get this inside info? Oh yeah you just made that up like you make up everything else. Brings some facts son, and just because you think it up in that "brain" of your doesn't make it a fact.

HAHA

No kidding

Son, I have not missed a Duke game in 15 years. I was in Playa Del Carmen at the start of the year and I made sure I found a sports bar to watch the Belmont and Presbyterian games along with the MSU and unc game. I have even been to chapel hill and watched Duke beat your boys in the dean dome so I know and understand the game. I don't just make up false statements like you and blow off actually facts and stats. Like I said you are an irrational unc fan that has no clue and the lucky thing for you is that you are not the only one.

I simply pointed out that Duke has been called for more fouls then unc and unc has shot more free throws then Duke. Me stating facts doesn't mean I am complaining.

umm, yes it does. Why else would you mention it? Are these the facts you are talking about that I need to bring to he table?

Well let's see, you really don't rack up fouls when you take two dozen threes a game. Not too many fouls are comitted 27 feet plus from the basket. I never suspected you as a member of some braintrust somewhere or a MENSA candidate but I thought you could figure that much at least. And as for making stuff up about teaching kids how to draw fouls or get away with fouling try youtube. Spend some quality time there. kay has tried to equalize the fouling calls by teaching kids the flailing arms and leg kick if someone dares take a run at the shooter and we have seen it called incorrectly for years. Care to parse together a response to that statement? Do you actually have the stones to refute it?

I do know. I have seen, and I do have the practice information you wish did not exist. I've sat on the courts, been in the locker rooms, watched he practices. Dook gave unlimited access to everything. Much more than UNC or State did. Any sport any game any time. Practice with leader kay however was a little different. Ever wonder why he keeps all his assistants from the "family pool". I don't have to wonder. I know why. YOu can grandstand all you want, say I am making stuff up all you want. The facts remain, and your posts don't change them.

I despise the team and the ignorant fools who praise them because I know what they are not because I am a UNC grad or whatever you must have surmised within yourself. If I was from anywhere but here and had no UNC affiliation whatsoever and seen and heard what I have seen and heard, I would despise dook. They don't make it too tough. You don't know or you choose to ignore what is in front of your face every time you watch. And you still wear that dook gear to Golden Corral for Sundy dinner. That is what makes you a dookie. The ability to look at patient zero, the onset of the virus that is rampant now in college ball and say its OK because they won some ACC titles.

Why do you think the national hate is there? Every year something else is published about the "most hated" team or whatever. Know any other college teams those types of things are published about? I don't. You think its because you win some games? Some ACC titles? Is it jealousy?

HAHA

Even you aren't that ******* stupid.

umm, yes it does. Why else would you mention it? Are these the facts you are talking about that I need to bring to he table?

Well let's see, you really don't rack up fouls when you take two dozen threes a game. Not too many fouls are comitted 27 feet plus from the basket. I never suspected you as a member of some braintrust somewhere or a MENSA candidate but I thought you could figure that much at least. And as for making stuff up about teaching kids how to draw fouls or get away with fouling try youtube. Spend some quality time there. kay has tried to equalize the fouling calls by teaching kids the flailing arms and leg kick if someone dares take a run at the shooter and we have seen it called incorrectly for years. Care to parse together a response to that statement? Do you actually have the stones to refute it?

I do know. I have seen, and I do have the practice information you wish did not exist. I've sat on the courts, been in the locker rooms, watched he practices. Dook gave unlimited access to everything. Much more than UNC or State did. Any sport any game any time. Practice with leader kay however was a little different. Ever wonder why he keeps all his assistants from the "family pool". I don't have to wonder. I know why. YOu can grandstand all you want, say I am making stuff up all you want. The facts remain, and your posts don't change them.

I despise the team and the ignorant fools who praise them because I know what they are not because I am a UNC grad or whatever you must have surmised within yourself. If I was from anywhere but here and had no UNC affiliation whatsoever and seen and heard what I have seen and heard, I would despise dook. They don't make it too tough. You don't know or you choose to ignore what is in front of your face every time you watch. And you still wear that dook gear to Golden Corral for Sundy dinner. That is what makes you a dookie. The ability to look at patient zero, the onset of the virus that is rampant now in college ball and say its OK because they won some ACC titles.

Why do you think the national hate is there? Every year something else is published about the "most hated" team or whatever. Know any other college teams those types of things are published about? I don't. You think its because you win some games? Some ACC titles? Is it jealousy?

HAHA

The same reason the Yankees are the most hated, because we are winners and we just win.

HAHA

Please enlighten me on when and how you got to do this because I have never known Duke to open practice for the everyday Joe unless its tourney time when they have open practice. I am calling BS on this just so you know.

HAHA

Really Duke fans at the Golden Corral? Come on son we wouldn't take that from you guys.

30c42d177056997.jpg

Please enlighten me on when and how you got to do this because I have never known Duke to open practice for the everyday Joe unless its tourney time when they have open practice. I am calling BS on this just so you know.

I don't care if you call BS or not and for the record I am not the average Joe in this circumstance. I have spent more times on the Panthers sidelines than in the seats the past 4 seasons. I have a very good friend who has a publication that I write for when I have time. I am not bragging but that is a fact. Wake and Duke opened the doors to everything, almost. Kay never let me watch a practice but plenty of others have been allowed. In that circle, even on the fringe of it I have heard more than enough to believe 100% the things you say I am making up. There are plenty of uninformed fans out there with conspiracy theories and I will admit to being that fan for many years prior to this out of the blue opportunity I have been lucky to be a part of. I'm not guessing anymore.

Plus, forget all that and just watch a game. There is a very good reason dookies don't regularly hate on the officials but all things change. The time clock changed Dean's game (thank God) and the semi-circle is changing K's. The two hand check on the perimeter is no longer up to judgement anymore and the crackdown on moving screens are infuriating the Bloodevil coach.