77 replies to this topic

#16 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

I am not blaming refs to clear it up.

the comeback was short and furious as well as aided by some, how should I say, inoportune whiffs by the zebras. Then, the miracle shot for a one point victory.

Call me crazy, but aren't these two completely conflicting statements?

The point is that no Carolina fan can talk about a loss to anyone without referencing the ref's in some way or another, no matter how the statement is prefaced.

Edited by Munch4455, 28 February 2012 - 01:59 PM.

#17 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

The point is that no Carolina fan can talk about a loss to anyone without referencing the ref's in some way or another, no matter how the statement is prefaced.

Yes it is.

#18 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

no

somewhat conflicting maybe, completely conflicting.. not at all.

there is a difference in placing a loss on a call (or three) which is ignorant IMO, and believing that a few calls aided all the other things that went wrong for a team in a loss.

The calls were not to blame completely. Carolina lost its way somehow thinking they had it won or whatever, and a few calls that were clearly questionable happened to aid the Devils back into the game in the short time they accomplished the comeback.

I see a huge difference there and I am trying my best to convey that and can honestly say I do not blame the offficials for a one point loss. Never have. Never will. But as has been documented here recently, I am a pretty horrible writer, I have bad grammar, and really cannot put a paragraph together so I apologize for my feudal, excuse me, futile effort.:D

#19 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

I am not blaming refs to clear it up. There are horrible calls in every game going both ways. There were some that aided in that comeback that were pretty terrible though (tough luck is all it is) and they were mentioned ad nauseum throughout he media reviews.
Facts are Facts.

Please don't jump to conclusions all the way to "another holoe fan blaming the..."

the comeback was short and furious as well as aided by some, how should I say, inoportune whiffs by the zebras. Then, the miracle shot for a one point victory.

There are no sour grapes here about the loss. We deserved to lose a game we dominated and gave away. It just happens that that game and the circumstances surrounding the loss seemed to fit right in to the rest of the article. Maybe that is why the author mentioned it as well.

As I said already, nobody came away from that game and could honestly state that the better team won without crossing their fingers behind their back. And the collective contests since then have done nothing to change that assessment.This one should go a long way to prove that if in fact it is true. We will see.

Why? Duke was leading the whole first half until the very end when there were some questionable calls that gave the heels some points right before halftime and they got the lead. We were the better team that night, WE WON.

Edited by bigcatdaddy, 28 February 2012 - 02:13 PM.

#20 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

The calls were not to blame completely. Carolina lost its way somehow thinking they had it won or whatever, and a few calls that were clearly questionable happened to aid the Devils back into the game in the short time they accomplished the comeback.

I see a huge difference there and I am trying my best to convey that and can honestly say I do not blame the offficials for a one point loss. Never have. Never will. But as has been documented here recently, I am a pretty horrible writer, I have bad grammar, and really cannot put a paragraph together so I apologize for my feudal, excuse me, futile effort.:D

No, what you are trying to say is that you don't completely blame the refs for the loss, but there is some blame that you place on the refs for the loss.

#21 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

No, what you are trying to say is that you don't completely blame the refs for the loss, but there is some blame that you place on the refs for the loss.

some blame yes based on the timing of them coinciding with UNC going to sleep. Blanket blame on refs for that loss? No. Refs are a necessary evil. As a fan you hope that they just don't fvck you at the wrong time.

Am I splitting hairs? Probably.:D

What else do you guys have going on this afternoon anyway?

Edited by carolinarolls, 28 February 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#22 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

Yes if he didn't blame the refs some he wouldn't have said a word about them.

#23 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

Strep throat, combine is over, nothing to do. Obviously off work today.

Edited by Munch4455, 28 February 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#24 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

Strep throat,

Yuk.

#25 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

Yep sucks. Gotta go to the doc tomorrow to get some antibiotics.

#26 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

It's not Duke's fault that Ohio State keeps losing or that UNC couldn't close a game. There is more parity in basketball and the top teams are closer to the rest of the bunch. If other teams would take care of business, there would be no opening. If Tyler Zellar could get a hand up, perhaps the rankings would be different.

If UNC can beat Duke and win the ACC Tourney, they have a good shot at a number one seed.

The associated press, coaches poll, and CBS rankings all agree Duke is currently a number one seed. That's mostly been the case past years as well. Duke has been consistent the past few years and have won a lot of games. Not sure what you're gripe is.

Also, if another team has injured players in the tournament, that is outside of Duke's control. The top 25 is filled with teams having 4 or more losses. UNC lost to FSU as well. This article is nothing but drivel.

Duke's RPI is 4th and their SOS is third. They've also beaten MSU and UNC who trail them in the rankings.

Post pretty much nails it. And i'm a huge UNC homer.

#27 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Are we really still discussing how the 2010 Duke team was an un-worthy champion?

Chris Webber says hi!

#28 C-A-T-S

C-A-T-S

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

Posted Image

#29 C-A-T-S

C-A-T-S

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

There good fortunate includes BEATING unc, mich st, and kansas all in the top 8 yet Lunardi has Kansas and MSU as the remaining 1's last week. Tell me who msu beat outside the Big 10? Florida st is the only decent team they beat. Duke Unc series winner (if it goes 3 games) should get a one seed because they played and beat good teams. If Duke gets a one seed they will not have backed their way into and neither will UNC. it will be earned. It is impossible for Carolinarolls to give Duke any credit. Other holes fans should be embarassed. If he was a blue devils fan id be ashamed

fify

#30 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

ass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.