Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iphone upgrade Question

27 posts in this topic

Posted

So here is the deal. I decided I am sick of my old phone and really need to get join the ranks of the Smart phone users and get an iphone. Just bought out my remaining contract for $75 and now I have the following choices and I have no idea what I should do:

1. Buy a iphone 4 for $99

2. Buy a iphone 4s for $199

3. Buy something other than an iphone that is 4G (Samsung Galaxy).

4. Ask to cancel the buyout that I just did and wait until the iphone5 comes out whenever that may be (rumored the next 3-6 months).

Keep in mind I am not someone that needs the latest and greatest thing technology wise. That should be evident by the fact I have not bought one before now but my old phone sucks and I have a couple trips coming up where the iphone would be nice to have. Plus I am sick of people telling me to upgrade my phone.

So what say you?

Posted

E. do nothing, use a landline!

Posted

I would go for the iphone 4s personally, although the Samsung Galaxy S is a very good phone.

Posted

i just bought a used 4, (upgraded from a 3g.) it's pretty cool.

Posted

I work for Verizon. So i may be able to help

The difference between the iPhones is:

$99- iPhone 4 8 gb memory

$199- I phone 4s 16gb memory faster processor, better camera, and the siri feature

Or an Android 4g model. I recommend a razr. For the same price u get s better all around phone

Go to phonescoop.com. it's a great site to read reviews and compare all these models side by side

1 person likes this

Posted

I would go for the iphone 4s personally, although the Samsung Galaxy S is a very good phone.

That is what I was going to do up until a couple hours ago and started second guessing myself. I guess my biggest dilema is whether or not to wait for the 5 instead.

Posted

Samsung

Posted

I've seen a commercial for the Samsung Note a few times now. It looks sweet.

Posted

since you don't have to have the latest and greatest then I wouldn't see why you need to hold off for the iphone 5. Either the 4 or 4s will blow your socks off.

I have a 4s and it is pretty sweet. IMO, the biggest difference between the 4 and 4s is Siri and I think it is overrated. 4s is a little faster and a better camera but nothing earth shattering. S

So either the 4 or 4s pending what you want to spend.

Posted

I have had the original iPhone for years. I paid $600 for it and had it jailbroken and unlocked for Tmobile. Now, 80% of the apps in the app store won't even work unless you have IOS 4 or newer, so it's getting more and more worthless. I'm gonna go to Sprint tomorrow and get the 4s for $200. I'm not real big on needing the latest and greatest anymore so if the 5 comes out in 5 months I won't really give a damn.

Posted

Razr.

Posted

Get a 4s.

Its the best phone I've ever owned bar none.