Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saints in BIG trouble...

1,303 posts in this topic

Posted

0mp0R.jpg
4 people like this

Posted

Shockey is too friendly with the Saints, time to cut ties.

Posted

Wow over 500 posts..

I am F5ing this thread more than the first day of FA.:p

In fact i might need a new F5 button.

Posted

There is another way to look at this as well. Not that it is as big as the act itself, but I am 95% sure that paying players for on field contributions, outside of the things outlined in the contract, is some sort of a salary cap violation. Otherwise we could sign anyone to a minimum contract, and then pay them whatever they wanted under the table.

Agreed. This is a serious infraction all by itself it is worthy of being penalized with draft picks and salarycap penalties. And this isnt even as bad as the 'contracts'

I will be pretty upset if they lose any less than 3 first round picks and the entire defense gets suspended for at least 6 games out of this ordeal.

Posted

WHO DAT MUHAHAHAHAHA

Shouldn't you be saying "Who's the Master?"

Posted

Nothing better than a smug prick getting what he has coming to him.

img12823084.jpg

Come on Goodell, run the entire staff out of the league! :lol:

Posted

i hope this keeps gettin better for a good while. I need something to carry me over till the draft. :/

There is 50,000 pages to read through. There will be more, I promise.

Posted

Everyone that thinks the Saints will get off light because "all NFL teams do this" or "they will strike a deal to keep it hush-hush over how wide spread it is", is wrong.

I guarantee that Goodell knows that this is a problem in the NFL. I am sure that he has known about it for a long time. His problem has been getting enough hard evidence to crack down on a team and put a stop to it all the way around. I wouldn't be suprised if Goodell hasn't been petitioning just about any player he could to give up the goods on a team involved with this. Just so happened that he found someone from the Saints to step forward.

I don't imagine that he will cut a deal or go soft to help the image of the league. Goodell is not going to care about any other team because the only team he has evidence on is NO, and he only needs to bring the hammer once to fix the problem.

Also all of these tweets and quotes from players claiming its not a big deal and other teams do it will probably dry up quickly as GM's and owners start contacting players and telling them to keep their mouths shut. Unless they want to try and sell their house in a down market.

The Saints are fuged. Totally fuged.

1 person likes this

Posted

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk I love this!

Posted

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO! I can't wait to see what the League has in store for the aints.

Posted

Mike Ornstein is a former marketing agent for Reggie Bush and was, at least at one point, a close friend of New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton. More importantly than that, he is a really sketchy guy. Back in 2010, Ornstein pled guilty to "one count of conspiracy to commit mail fraud, wire fraud, interstate transportation of stolen property, money laundering and one count of mail fraud" after he conspired to scalp Super Bowl tickets. Ornstein had previously been convicted of mail fraud in 1995.

Despite all of this, he was very close with the Saints organization. So close, in fact, that he contributed to Gregg Williams' bounty program. Oh, and he was stupid enough to talk about it in an email to Payton.

According to CBS Sports NFL reporter Mike Freeman, who has acquired details of a memo sent to all NFL teams regarding the Saints bounty program, Ornstein contributed large sums of money to bounties on multiple occasions and placed details of the bounty system in an email to Payton. He detailed a $5,000 bounty in that email. In 2009, Ornstein put down $10,000 towards a bounty on an opposing quarterback. He also contributed to a QB bounty on two separate occasions in 2011.

The Saints not only had a bounty program where players were paid to injure opponents, but they allowed a convicted felon to contribute to it. Spectacular

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/3/2/2840512/mike-ornstein-new-orleans-saints-bounty-program/in/2604084

Hahahah