Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tarheelpride

Kid is shot, killed by neighborhood association captain

1,125 posts in this topic

please. the teenager was unarmed. Zimmerman obviously had no idea he was unnarmed at the time (unless the teenager said he was, we have no idea) but the point is that this wasn't a police officer investigating a crime or anything this was a single man taking it upon himself to chase down someone he thought looked dangerous/off/in the wrong area. fists CAN be a weapon and that is likely how this all got started, but this would be a VERY different situation if the teenager had a gun and Zimmerman shot him.

as to the bag of candy being used to threaten someone, there is no evidence that was the case, as it appears the shooting occurred after the two had a brawl on the ground once Zimmerman caught up to the teen.

If we go by a generous interpretation, it does sound like Zimmerman caught up to him, something was said, the two began to fight, Zimmerman was getting the crap kicked out of him so he pulled his gun and shot the teenager. That is being generous to zimmerman, mind you... but it is very possibly what happened. Zimmerman has previously been described as too aggressive etc, it is possible he was overzealous and overconfident... meh.

If the 911 tapes ever come out we may know exactly what happened, but I doubt we ever will. Until that point, I have a hard time seeing any reason why Zimmerman should have done what he did. It is exactly the opposite of what I would want a neighborhood watch to do - observe and report, not actively engage in chasing down perceived criminals unless there is some imminent danger...

article-0-121B7BC1000005DC-200_306x423.jpg

If that's a white person than I'm a snow angel.

Given the last name and the eye test, I'd say he's a Hispanic Jew.

Zimmerman's father, 64-year-old Robert Zimmerman of Lake Mary, delivered a one-page letter to the Sentinel today, saying that media portrayals of his son have been cruel and misleading.

George Zimmerman is Hispanic and has grown up in a multi-racial family, the statement says.

"The media portrayal of George as a racist could not be further from the truth," the letter says. "He would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever."

George is a Spanish speaking minority with many black family members and friends. He would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever. One black neighbor recently interviewed said she knew everything in the media was untrue and that she would trust George with her life. Another black neighbor said that George was the only one, black or white, who came and welcomed her to the community, offering any assistance he could provide. Recently, I met two black children George invited to a social event. I asked where they met George. They responded that he was their mentor. They said George visited them routinely, took them places, helped them, and taught them things and that they really loved George. The media portrayal of George as a racist could not be further from the truth.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-trayvon-martin-shooting-zimmerman-letter-20120315,0,6480603.story

Only white people can be racist? For that matter, why does him having black friends mean he can't be influenced by racial prejudices?

Also Zimmerman's father claims that Zimmerman never confronted or followed the teenager, which makes me wonder why the hell he shot him then because that is totally different from the story as we know. Either the police are lying, or Zimmerman/his father are. Either way, I'm curious to find out what actually happened. I kinda doubt we will though.

Unreal the kid was straight up murdered no doubt..

Your analogy is nowhere near logical.

Once the 17 yo began arguing and fighting with the man, the situation changed. The man could have very well been defending himself from the 17 yo....and in that case the use of deadly force may have been justified.

I am not saying that the guy was correct in his actions.....I am saying that we do NOT have enough information to make that call.

What other information would you need to make a call...that the kid tried to put skittles up his nose and drown him with ice tea? Nothing the kid couldve done wouldve warranted his being fired upon. Lets not also forget this is a 17 year-old we're talking about, how scary could he have been? This is straight up murder and there is absolutely no excuse for this type of barbaric behavoir. Zimmerman needs to go to prison.

very sad. He was killed for nothing regardless of whatever facts were unknown, the few hard facts were available at the time shows the kid was killed for nothing. Why anybody even tried to defend this Zimmerman guy other than just to be a contrarian is beyond me. When an unarmed 17 year old is shot and killed odds are pretty likely a crime has been committed.

1 person likes this

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/16/trayvon-martin-911-audio-_n_1354909.html?ref=mostpopular really, screw all you apologists out there.

so he chases after the kid, claims self defense, and was not initially charged? cases involving similar shootings by cops get resolved faster than this. what a terrible situation.

Riots will happen if that asshole isn't arrested soon.

if this happened to a white girl people would be shittin their pants trying to hang this guy

its a fuged up goddamn world

always has been tho

if this happened to a white girl people would be shittin their pants trying to hang this guy

its a fuged up goddamn world

always has been tho

And people wonder why the fug im a atheist.. religion is the driving force for what's really wrong with this world.