Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Tolbert mentioned as a possible FA? Eh?

123 posts in this topic

Posted

Per Rothworld.com:

Free agent Mike Tolbert is expected to sign with Pittsburgh or Carolina, according to Union-Tribune San Diego's Kevin Acee.

Tolbert is expected to meet with an undisclosed team Saturday after negotiations with the Chargers hit a standstill. Tolbert's camp apparently wants more money than San Diego is willing to offer, and the two sides remain far apart on agreeing in value.

Where's this coming from?

Posted

we better keep stewart he is a beast

Posted

hmmm

Posted

You get the honor of the first repost on the new forum!

3 people like this

Posted

I mentioned a while ago we should keep an eye on him. Goodson looks to be in the doghouse and we could use an improvement over Vaughan

Posted

I mentioned a while ago we should keep an eye on him. Goodson looks to be in the doghouse and we could use an improvement over Vaughan

I don't know if we could sign him for that type of money though.

Whenever I watched Tolbert play, he was an absolute beast. A human bowling ball.

Really surprised that the Charges aren't willing to resign him.

Posted

Sounds like a Stewart replacement, if you asked me. Lord please don't trade him.

Posted

I don't know if we could sign him for that type of money though.

Whenever I watched Tolbert play, he was an absolute beast. A human bowling ball.

Really surprised that the Charges aren't willing to resign him.

I don't know how much space we have left considering we've signed like 9 players this week and he may want more than we can budget. McClain and Battle (if we go there) might be enough to make up for the Tolbert loss.

Posted

Most likely not replacing anybody. We used 2 RB sets last season. Brockel is our 3rd TE/FB. All 3 RBs can be used in rotation.

Posted

remember when Rivera was talking about how we needed a Daren Sproles type player, me thinks this is what this is.

Posted

trade stewart when we can get something for him. tolbert and stewie are similar back .

i think tolbert is actually a better pass catching back than stewie.

i dont think stewie wants to be here in the future

Posted

He's not like sproles at all. More of a bruiser and not much of a speedy receiving threat