Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CollegePanther

Source: Rb Mike Tolbert Visiting Carolina Panthers This Weekend

272 posts in this topic

Bad post - deleted

I don't think Tolbert wants 3rd running back money. He already turned down San Diego because they didn't offer him enough.

I'm starting to get really worried about Stewart. I just don't understand trading your best running back. I knew Dwill's contract was going to come back and bite us in the ass. Now we're gonna get stuck with an overpaid wash-up with a year or two left in his career and replace our best running back with a discount FA scrub. I really hope this doesn't happen.

And re: Williams not being as good in this system: he averaged 5.4 fuging yards per carry and had more TDs than Stewart.

Don't let your emotions blind you to facts.

Not disputing the fact that he still put up good numbers. But he is not as good in this system as Stewart because Stewart can block much better in the pass heavy offense. Can't just look at one dimension of the RB.

Not as good ad Stewart. That is why Chud gave Stewart the most snaps.

And don't forget many of those long runs that boosted Williams ypc came with Newton AND Stewart on the field sucking in attention.

1 person likes this

LT was 24 when he last played with Turner. LT at that time was in the middle of a career someone projected would make him the greatest RB of all time.

That guy.....is not comparable to a 29 year old DeAngelo.

Turner went to the Falcons in 2008. LT was born in 1979. Re-evaluate your math.

That's just plain wrong. LT was the same age then as Deangelo is now. Michael Turner was older then than Stewart is now.

Well that and Chud was in Cleveland when they did their best work together.

Not as good ad Stewart. That is why Chud gave Stewart the most snaps.

And don't forget many of those long runs that boosted Williams ypc came with Newton AND Stewart on the field sucking in attention.

Williams averaged over 2 more carries per game than stewart and at their rate per game that equates to about 25% more carries.

I don't understand getting the number 1 quarterback in the draft, then one season into our quarterback's career, trading the better receiving and pass blocking running back. Don't we want to be a passing team? I don't understand this.

Williams averaged over 2 more carries per game than stewart and at their rate per game that equates to about 25% more carries.

But I bet J Stew saw more snaps. They aren't just in there for running plays.

1 person likes this

LT was 24 when he last played with Turner. LT at that time was in the middle of a career someone projected would make him the greatest RB of all time.

That guy.....is not comparable to a 29 year old DeAngelo.

WTF, Turner last played in SD year 2007, LT was 28 and a 7 year Vet.

Snaps is different than rushing attempts. Stewart was on the field more bc the offense could do more with him. Go to Espn and read Pat Ys article

1 person likes this

You guys also have to realize we are becoming a passing team. We cant be 1st in rushing and passing...