Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drill Baby, Drill....wait It Doesn't Reduce Gas Prices?

39 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.wral.com/news/political/story/10883821/

Take that for what you will

Posted

The normal citizen doesn't realize that it's oil speculators that set the price more so than how much we're drilling.

If they'd direct that anger at people haggling the oil futures, something might happen.

Then again, I doubt it. They're far too rich & powerful to really care.

People running for office use it as a buzzword to try and catch simple-minded people wishing for gas to be lower.

We'd be better off served taking those hundreds of millions and putting them into other sources of energy. Whether that's renewable/coal/nuclear is for people to decide.

Posted

Living 2 miles from work is great.

Posted

You do realize that commodities traders and speculators don't "speculate" on the basis of unicorn farts and fairy dust, right?

That they "speculate" on the basis of predictive SUPPLY and demand?

Posted

You do realize that commodities traders and speculators don't "speculate" on the basis of unicorn farts and fairy dust, right?

That they "speculate" on the basis of predictive SUPPLY and demand?

In theory.
1 person likes this

Posted

In theory.

Well, of course. Their are scores or more of different influences on a particular market. Some are even illegal.

But supply and demand are still the most influential.

Posted

croc o bull

so you tell me as soon as the supply is remotely threatened, prices go up, but as soon as supply is going to be increased, it has no effect.

right. typical liberal jibberish

Posted

I talked this over with a man that works on oil rigs in the gulf. His answer "Big oil".

Posted

croc o bull

so you tell me as soon as the supply is remotely threatened, prices go up, but as soon as supply is going to be increased, it has no effect.

US drilling goes up and prices don't go down, that is a fact. Facts are pesky things and something you seem to always have a problem with.

Posted

US drilling goes up and prices don't go down, that is a fact. Facts are pesky things and something you seem to always have a problem with.

i am right

Posted

croc o bull

Looks like you can't into basic math.

Posted

supply and demand is still king. yes, some drilling effects prices. as does geopolitical issues. and more drivers or less drivers or one group funneling money into oil futures or vice versa.