Photo
- - - - -

Car Purchase Help Needed Asap

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#16 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

So you're cool with tossing another $25,000 out the window? Frankly, getting a wholesale offer from CarMax for another $1000 is the least of your concerns in this situation. If you're bent on a new car, at least analyze the used market and try to sell it yourself to minimize that huge loss before starting the cycle over again. If the dealer is nonchalantly offering $12,000 trade-in, a little patience will probably net you another 30% over that if you sell it yourself, if not more.

I'd actually prefer to get a CPO with a couple thousand miles on it. I've only had the "new car smell" once - every other time, I've gotten pre-owned.

#17 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Pay $10k more and get Accura MDX. WV ain't worth 40k.

#18 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

So you're cool with tossing another $25,000 out the window? Frankly, getting a wholesale offer from CarMax for another $1000 is the least of your concerns in this situation. If you're bent on a new car, at least analyze the used market and try to sell it yourself to minimize that huge loss before starting the cycle over again. If the dealer is nonchalantly offering $12,000 trade-in, a little patience will probably net you another 30% over that if you sell it yourself, if not more.

25k, ouch.
Yes get something with some residual value.

#19 lymelizzard

lymelizzard

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Try http://www.truecar.com the site generally shows dealer cost, factory invoice, average, msrp. Looking at the three levels of the car they range from 33k to 40k in Charlotte area.

#20 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

Pay $10k more and get Accura MDX. WV ain't worth 40k.

I like convertibles.

I had an Acura TL before the Eos and it had great features but wasn't suited towards a person 5'1" tall.

#21 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

Try http://www.truecar.com the site generally shows dealer cost, factory invoice, average, msrp. Looking at the three levels of the car they range from 33k to 40k in Charlotte area.

Thanks! That was helpful. I wish I'd had that a few hours ago. But I think I did get a good price on the package I got. They game up to $15k on my trade-in to help with taxes (although it didn't help since FL doesn't base taxes on the difference between sales and trade-in, only on sales tax - ouch).