Photo
- - - - -

Jonathan Stewart The Most Elusive Rb In The Nfl?

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#166 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

I see your point, but even if Tolbert was not on the roster, Hatter is right--$16 million-That is $1 million per game--for 20 carries? That means every time Stew or DWill run the ball, they are paid $50,000. That comes to $10,000 per yard gained during a good year.

People on here (not you) think they can have everything. They fail to consider the fact that keeping 3 RBs at nearly $20 million takes away from other positions. You gotta spread the wealth.

Posted Image

your post would be more interesting with facts.

#167 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

Anyone remember when jstew flipped over those jaguars in that crazy downpour last season? I was so mad they called the play back.

To this day I wonder how they can overturn the field call with this.

#168 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

It would have been remembered as one of the greatest plays in NFL history.

When it was overturned, it became nothing. It still makes me sick to this day.

#169 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

Spiro Dedes said "from that angle you can clearly see that his left elbow made contact with the ground" and he was clearly full of sheet.

He was moving on and wanted to end the half so he could eat more free tailgate food. Damn you Spiro!

#170 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,680 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

Probably a good thing since we aren't paying them anywhere close to 16 million. The salary for Williams and Stewart this year is 6.7 million for the two of them. That is less than the franchise tag for one back which is 7.9 million. Their cap hit which includes the prorated signing bonuses is right at 12 million. Until we actually pay them 16 million we can hold off doing the math.

LOL sh*t, I'm confused. Regardless, I never thought of them getting paid like a few thousand per carry. Even at 6.7 million, that's still a few thousand per carry.

#171 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,680 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

Anyone remember when jstew flipped over those jaguars in that crazy downpour last season? I was so mad they called the play back.

#172 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

Won the game...took the edge off...other than that? BS call I've seen no evidence that JStew's elbow made contact with the ground..period. The video just doesn't exist.

#173 CARuthless

CARuthless

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

N that was just one dope play from past season. We need a nice highlight thread.

#174 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

Gee nobody could have guessed where you stand so say it one more time, LOL.

I don't agree, the Panthers don't agree and most importantly the FO and coaches don't agree. Does it matter what other teams and the media think?????

No..

I know you don't agree.....but we don't know what the Panthers think yet. It isn't next year and they aren't confronted with it yet and can keep Stewart one more year. We know the Panthers just signed Tolbert.

Stewart wants to get paid. Can't do that and keep both. Yes, yes.....technically they could opt to but unless something crazy occurs this should be the last year of Double Trouble.

Stewart wants to get paid. He should. Another team should pay him. Carolina already made that choice.

#175 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

Haha, why are people breaking down the per carry pay of people? This thread took an awesome turn at some point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.