105 replies to this topic

#31 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

Uh, duke be happy? Do you follow college recruting? 6 ACC schools in the top 25. No Duke. Let's hope they are able to compete with fuging Virgina next season.

We have the number 2 shooting guard coming in and we redshirted two top 40 players last season plus Tony Parker, Amile Jefferson and Bazz Muhammad are still in play. Trey Zeigler was on campus last weekend and will probably transfer in. Duke will be in fine shape.

#32 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

MrTouchdown is the most irrational of the UNC homers. My cousins actually went to UNC, and they think it is gonna be a very rough year even if JMM stays. And these are guys I rarely ever hear a word other than, UNC is the best, from.

Also, learn what an edit button is, double and triple posts ftw.

BTW gratz on your self given #1 class rank in 2013. No respectable site would give any sort of ranking to that class seeing as about 90% of players in that class haven't committed anywhere yet. Its the same as awarding a state to someone in the election with 1% of the polls reporting. Just stupid.

#33 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,844 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

Sad to see em go and I will enjoy watching them in the NBA.. JMM please stay!! we can be really special if he stays.

#34 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

Roy's teams go as far as the PG takes them. If Marcus Paige is a beast, UNC could be an elite 8/ final 4 team next year. If he's a flop, NIT.

#35 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Your talking about Dexter and Lesile being good so what is the difference?

Strickland is a much better player than Tyler Thornton and Quinn Cook.

I think Cook could develop nicely into a quality PG, but thornton is terrible. You know this is true. Leslie will be coming off the bench for us, not starting, which won't be the case for those two scrubs I just mentioned.

#36 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

the most dissapointing thing for us was we didn't make it b/c of injuries. it leaves a bad taste in your mouth and a existensial feeling of what could have been. oh well.

Yeah a lot of people are upset with them all leaving and are mad at them, But i feel bad for them, I mean they came to Carolina to win a national title and they just had the worst luck, Everyone knew they were the most talented team... Oh well time to move on.

#37 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

MrTouchdown is the most irrational of the UNC homers. My cousins actually went to UNC, and they think it is gonna be a very rough year even if JMM stays. And these are guys I rarely ever hear a word other than, UNC is the best, from.

Also, learn what an edit button is, double and triple posts ftw.

BTW gratz on your self given #1 class rank in 2013. No respectable site would give any sort of ranking to that class seeing as about 90% of players in that class haven't committed anywhere yet. Its the same as awarding a state to someone in the election with 1% of the polls reporting. Just stupid.

According to Rivals.com, the #1 recruiting source in the country, Carolina has the #1 ranked class with 2 VHT players commited. And we have the #8 class this season which could also improve.

It's a shame that your cousins feel so bad about the team. It's probably just shell shock from a sad day when we lost three great players.

As far as irrational, you are mistaken. It sucks to lose these great players, but Williams is a top 3 coach in the country and continually recruits great players. We will be fine. I don't expect them to win the NC next season or anything but if you think Carolina is NIT bound or not going to be in contention for the ACC crown you are a retard or just an ignorant ABCer.

It's awesome and refreshing about how much hate these other ACC fans are giving Carolina now! it shows who is really the KING of the ACC!

And let's be honest here: today is the highlight of Duke's miserable season. They should worry about not being humiliated on national TV in the first round of the NCAA tourney by a high school team. K is a great coach but he is in the twilight of his career and his philosophies won't translate into the next generation of college basketball. He had an excellent run though so respect to him.
NORTH CAROLINA BASKETBALL: HOW SWEET IT ISSSSSSSSSS!

#38 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

Yeah a lot of people are upset with them all leaving and are mad at them, But i feel bad for them, I mean they came to Carolina to win a national title and they just had the worst luck, Everyone knew they were the most talented team... Oh well time to move on.

Yup. It's gonna leave a bad taste in our mouths for a week or so but there's nothing can be done.

This comes with the territory in regards to recruiting great players.

State has one of the best classes coming in next season they've ever had, and they are going to have to keep getting great players if they want to be relevant again. It's gonna be real funny if CJ Leslie leaves this season.

#39 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

According to Rivals.com, the #1 recruiting source in the country, Carolina has the #1 ranked class with 2 VHT players commited. And we have the #8 class this season which could also improve.

It's a shame that your cousins feel so bad about the team. It's probably just shell shock from a sad day when we lost three great players.

As far as irrational, you are mistaken. It sucks to lose these great players, but Williams is a top 3 coach in the country and continually recruits great players. We will be fine. I don't expect them to win the NC next season or anything but if you think Carolina is NIT bound or not going to be in contention for the ACC crown you are a retard or just an ignorant ABCer.

It's awesome and refreshing about how much hate these other ACC fans are giving Carolina now! it shows who is really the KING of the ACC!

And let's be honest here: today is the highlight of Duke's miserable season. They should worry about not being humiliated on national TV in the first round of the NCAA tourney by a high school team. K is a great coach but he is in the twilight of his career and his philosophies won't translate into the next generation of college basketball. He had an excellent run though so respect to him.

See 2010!

#40 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

Dude that is a year and a half down the road and I am sure that will change since 98% of the top 60 have not commited yet.

#41 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

Well we don't really know if McAdoo is staying yet or not, plans can change at the drop of a pin. but if he does in fact stay, and we get that kid from UConn Oriahki or however you spell his name, i think we will still be good. duke fans should be happy, at least they can hang with UNC now.

Lol we beat yall this year and twice the year before and won the national championship the year before that, and K's record vs UNC the past ten years is pretty dam good. Duke is never "in trouble". When was the last time they made the NIT? Its UNC that is trying to hang with Duke.

#42 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Strickland is a much better player than Tyler Thornton and Quinn Cook.

I think Cook could develop nicely into a quality PG, but thornton is terrible. You know this is true. Leslie will be coming off the bench for us, not starting, which won't be the case for those two scrubs I just mentioned.

That is a bit of a stretch seeing how Strickland averaged 7ppg, and 2apg while Thornton averaged 4ppg, and 2apg. I think it is delusional to say that Strickland is MUCH better than Thornton or even Cook for that matter.

#43 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,266 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

I honestly don't keep up with the recruiting classes b/c I think a lot of that stuff is inaccurate.

But, being an alum (and I'm still currently on campus through May or so), I do know the team pretty well. I don't care what our incoming recruiting class is rated, we're gonna have a rough go of it next year. Losing Zeller AND Henson is a huge hit even with McAdoo coming back. McAdoo has a lot to improve on and has to show consistency.

And even though we have Strickland and McDonald coming back in the backcourt, that really is negated with Marshall leaving. Any incoming recruits have to adjust and I just don't see it being a smooth transition with such a young team. I just don't think we'll be very good next year.

#44 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Lol we beat yall this year and twice the year before and won the national championship the year before that, and K's record vs UNC the past ten years is pretty dam good. Duke is never "in trouble". When was the last time they made the NIT? Its UNC that is trying to hang with Duke.

lmao.....Irving and Rivers have a combined 1 win in the ncaa tourney. yeah, Duke is never in trouble.

#45 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Key words, NCAA Tourney

And poo happens when key players are injured. But you know that now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com