52 replies to this topic

#31 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

"Most of Charlotte"=small group of people on the net, most of which are from rural areas (Hootersville, Mooresville, China Grove, Fuquay-Varina, etc.), yet they claim Charlotte. If its so many people who care, why hasnt it happened? And due to the fact "Charlotte" put up all the money for the arena and not "rural Carolina" the team will always be called Charlotte per city lease.

"Most of Charlotte" THAT CARES ABOUT NBA BASKETBALL.

Is that better? Do you get it now?

And no, "most of Charlotte" and "most of Charlotte THAT CARES ABOUT NBA BASKETBALL" are not two different things in the context of this conversation, unless you're a hard of understanding simpleton.

As for the "put up money" comment, that doesn't mean squat. 1. Why aren't the Panthers the "Charlotte Panthers", and 2, number 1 doesn't matter because the NBA team could be given a "Carolina" name, either way.

#32 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

The second I read that Charlotte was less cool than GREENSBORO and WINSTON-SALEM I realized that I had just lost 2 minutes of my life in a horrific way. This article and writer is dead to me

That guy must have never been to Winston Salem.

#33 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Of course they'd have loyal fans, their product is vastly superiors to ours and always has been.

Yup. It is now most def. Wasn't when the Hornets were here.

The only thing that's really going to save this franchise is a rebrand. It's something that's been explained to Queen Tararahaq.

I can see the bobcats getting a lot of support from the city if/when they start winning, but who fuging knows when that will be.

It's pointless to argue/debate with a lot of these posters (especially in the NBA section) because they are either 15 year olds, young kids outta a high school not doing sh1t, or poor/uneducated people who probably live off the government. Most times they go to a bobcats game is from a handout.

Thankfully, this grass roots movement is gaining steam.

If you don't like a product, don't buy it. Don't support it. Hope it fails miserably. Pull for it to lose. If these millionaires want to stay millionaires, they will have to eventually pay attention. Money talks!!!

#34 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

The second I read that Charlotte was less cool than GREENSBORO and WINSTON-SALEM I realized that I had just lost 2 minutes of my life in a horrific way. This article and writer is dead to me

Greensboro is a gay village.

#35 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

So, when I see something I don't like or don't agree with, I'm gonna speak on it. If anything, it shows I'm more passionate than most fans. Just as you see with that Warriors video... Wow. One thing I've never done is gone to the games and booed our organization or anyone associated with it. It still doesn't mean they're less of fans, it just shows how much they love their team... But that was rough to watch.

totally agree. I used to love the NBA but that Hornets move killed it for me. I remember going to games with my Dad and my friends in HS and it was great! This should be an NBA city because when we had the Hornets this was one of the most globaly marketable teams in the NBA.

I'm passionate about the NBA and want my home team to be great as it represents us and our city! but the Bobcats are a joke and just stink from top to bottom. The name is horrible. The players are awful. The arena is too small. Idiots are in charge of the team, etc....

#36 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

TheOracle, once again the city of Charlotte has a requirement in their lease of TWC Arena that the team be named Charlotte. The Bobcats market is a 50 mile radius around the city of Charlotte. This isnt like the Panthers where JR collected up front PSL money from people all over NC/SC so he could be awarded a franchise. Besides Carolina as a state has always given lackluster support to its pro bball teams. People here would rather watch scrubs at UNC and Duke play. Why are the Hornets nostalgists a) almost always NOT living in Charlotte city limits, and B) least knowledgable about the current NBA? Geesh!

#37 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Besides Carolina as a state has always given lackluster support to its pro bball teams. People here would rather watch scrubs at UNC and Duke play.

Charlotte led the NBA in attendance 8 years in a row when we had the hornets.

And your subtle jabs at people who live in the burbs of Charlotte are pretty cool. I grew up in Cotswold. You probably don't know where that is because there isn't any of these around: Posted Image Posted Image

#38 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

MrTouchdown just wants an excuse to wear the bright fruity colors of his childhood. Hornets nostalgists are like glamorized welfare recipients, they have no money and have to beg for what they want. Completely powerless, but as long as they attend Bobcats games, its all good baby. Keep hope alive! Lmao

#39 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

By the way, MJ came out today and said this story is 100% bogus.

Do you honestly think he would admit to saying that?

#40 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

I like how everyone is claiming Charlotte is a terrible NBA town. This is a historically bad team that may finish with the worst win-loss percentage and 2nd worst point differential in league history, but we still aren't the worst in attendance. Actually, there are 8 teams with worse attendance than us, 3 of which would be in the playoffs if they started today:

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

#41 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

MrTouchdown just wants an excuse to wear the bright fruity colors of his childhood. Hornets nostalgists are like glamorized welfare recipients, they have no money and have to beg for what they want.

Do you speak from experience?

#42 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

"Charlotte led the NBA attendance 8 years in a row"

*puffs chest out*

Hey Kevin Greene, I bet as a Laker fan that makes you real jealous huh? Who needs rings, attendance records and whine and cheese nostalgia is where its at.

#43 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

MrTouchdown: "No Mr. Jordan I dont have any money to pay for it. But if you change us to the Hornets I can offer sexual favors! Shinn used to accept them all the time! C'mon Mike puhleeeeeeze?!?!?!"

#44 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

LA is a horrible sports town. Sadly, LA is similar to Charlotte sports wise. Had a professional team move, a lot of transplants living there, spread out city, etc. Trolling aside KT, that's what I've been trying to explain to you. The love for the Bobcats in this city is not here bro. They've been here what? 7 years? 8 years? how much longer is it going to take for the owners to realize that the city does not support the team. There are people like myself who are out of college with jobs. We are the target demographics for people who need to to invest in the team by purchasing season tickets/merchandise/going to games and buying $9 beers.

I speak for a lot of people, not everyone, that the interest isn't there. I'm sure winning would help create more buzz for the team but is that ever going to happen?

1. One awful, embarrassing playoff appearnce.
2. One NBA all-star EVER (who I'm pretty sure didn't play more than 4 mins in the game)
3. Maybe the worst drafting team in the NBA the past decade.
4. Owner changes.
5. After Silas is fired, will be looking for what their 6th HC in 8 seasons?

Come on man! Quit trolling and try to look at this like a 17 year old boy and have a convo like an adult! Why would anyone want to invest or partake in this franchise?

#45 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

MrTouchdown: "No Mr. Jordan I dont have any money to pay for it. But if you change us to the Hornets I can offer sexual favors! Shinn used to accept them all the time! C'mon Mike puhleeeeeeze?!?!?!"

Meh. Do you spend your welfare/child support money on bobcat tickets?

Because if you do, I'll give you the free tickets I turn down 3-4 times a year. I want your babies to be able to eat bro!

Stop trolling and lets have a discussion like men not some 17 year old punks hiding behind a computer screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users