Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Nfl Nike Uniforms, Merchandise, Etc...thread

418 posts in this topic

Posted

you act like seattle had no input into the design at all and it was a surprise. Seattle signed off on that. They screwed it up, not nike.

Like Carolina won't screw up?

I see nothing wrong with our uniforms

Posted

A full-scale makeover, including getting all the product into the retail pipeline, takes time, and Nike's new relationship with the NFL is still very young. So we might see more redesigns next year, or the year after.

There's one big caveat, however: No alternate jerseys were shown Tuesday. Word through the grapevine is that several of them are in the works, including one for the Redskins. No word yet on when we'll see these (maybe at the draft?), but it might be that Nike and the NFL have decided to stick with conventional primary uniforms and push the envelope with the alternates.

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7770600/seahawks-aside-nike-unveiling-reveals-only-small-changes-most-nfl-uniforms

Posted

100 bucks for the least authentic jersey....uh no thanks

Posted

Yeah was thinking the alternatives would get a major overhaul. Is there any pics of the white Jersey's?

Posted

526621_401040119909000_112088258804189_1565476_1085140156_n.jpg

Posted

It looks like the Panthers and the Raiders are the two teams that decided to not go with the jersey all the other teams have. If you look on the that Nike uniform site it shows the "flywire resists stretch around the neck", and the other jerseys don't have that mesh material all over anymore. Take a look. I wish we would have went with what the other 30 teams did.

Posted

GB doesn't have it either if I remember correctly.

Posted

Those flywires are gay anyways

Posted

What bothers you guys about the Seahawks? I think they are an improvement from what they had.

Posted

With our logo change, the Panthers are ineligible for another uniform change for the next 5 years, per leage rules.

From an article about the Lions that will also apply to the Panthers

Fans can expect some substantial alterations to other teams’ uniforms, but not the Lions. The team changed its logo in 2009 and is still under the NFL’s five-year rule which prohibits any other uniform changes for the first five years after an initial change.

“Anyone who was outside of that five-year window could do something and some teams did,” Lions equipment manager Tim O’Neill told Detroitlions.com. “We couldn’t do anything to our uniform, but that being said, it is going to look different because we used to be in that cloth diamond mesh."

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/Lions-not-allowed-to-change-uniform-under-NFL-rules/684c01cc-5a6d-41f6-b37f-f702d3545172

Posted

its the same poo with a nike logo, who gives a rats ass.

Posted

GB doesn't have it either if I remember correctly.

Well, after looking at all of the elite jerseys offered, I found Green Bay, Carolina, Atlanta, Raiders, decided not to switch to the new uniforms. I think I do like the new ones better.