#16 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,529 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Were people wrong for thinking Cam Newton would be lazy and worthless because he was a black quarterback??

Same logic applies.

#17 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,698 posts
  • LocationNC

He wouldn't be here.

Because he's an ILB? That's what people said about Beason when we drafted him and we had Morgan. What's your point again?

#18 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Why does color factor into your speculation of him? It shouldn't be like that for anyone regardless of color or position.

#19 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Am I wrong? anyone else feel this way?

I dunno - if someone said a player was going to be bad just because they were black in the face of other successful black players at that position would that be wrong? How about if they said Haruki Nakamura is gonna be terrible becuase he's asian? If I feel like the answers to these questions are one in the same, no different just because he's white.

#20 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,164 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

Take a look at all the "busts" who won the Butkus award, Lombardi award, and Nagurski trophy...

#21 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Well if u think like that then its ok to think like this. All blacks love watermelon and chicken. There's nothing wring with that right. Bc like that one dude said its true.

So yeah it's kinda racists just like your statement is as well but I'm the evil honki

#22 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,529 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

People will jump at the chance to call you racist, but I'll be damned if there isn't some truth to white linebackers being less athletic. I can't be racist just for noticing this "trend", right?

Somehow the fact he was faster and more athletic than most of the other black quarterbacks at the combine suggests that kind of thinking is pure racist and BS to boot.

#23 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,481 posts

He's an ILB...

He still cant rush the passer and has limited athletic ability. He is basically a younger Dan Connor. Good instincts but slow and has no pass rush skills.

#24 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,164 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

He still cant rush the passer and has limited athletic ability. He is basically a younger Dan Connor. Good instincts but slow and has no pass rush skills.

Limited athletic ability? Slow? That is what the talking heads said BEFORE the combine...and then he proved them wrong.

#25 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Yes it's very racist.

I don't like him because it's a fairly low value position, and we would be spending a top 10 pick on him.

One of the most athletic MLB's in the history of the game is white, BTW.

#26 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,529 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

BS again. He is more athletic than all but one or two of the guys in the draft. Any guy who run a 4.59 in the 40 at 245 lbs and can bench press 225-29 times can rush the passer. Besides if that were the criteria then Beason had fewer sacks coming out of college than Kuechly and has only 6 in 5 seasons with Carolina, So I guess he shouldn't play ILB or OLB for us either. For that matter, Davis was a safety coming out of college so he surely shouldn't be playing OLB at all. Right???

#27 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Because he's an ILB? That's what people said about Beason when we drafted him and we had Morgan. What's your point again?

It's facepalm time!

#28 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

BS again. He is more athletic than all but one or two of the guys in the draft. Any guy who run a 4.59 in the 40 at 245 lbs and can bench press 225-29 times can rush the passer. Besides if that were the criteria then Beason had fewer sacks coming out of college than Kuechly and has only 6 in 5 seasons with Carolina, So I guess he shouldn't play ILB or OLB for us either. For that matter, Davis was a safety coming out of college so he surely shouldn't be playing OLB at all. Right???

Can he play OLB and be white at the same time?

ILB is the white man spot. We're not going to ask him to play that spot though.

#29 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,698 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

I see your post right after I see this little gem by panthers55 and still don't see how people say he's not athletic.. With a 40 Time: 4.50. Bench: 27. Vertical: 38. Broad: 10-3. I don't see how people think he's a.) Slow. b.)'limited' athletic ability..

Somehow the fact he was faster and more athletic than most of the other black quarterbacks at the combine suggests that kind of thinking is pure racist and BS to boot.

#30 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,481 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Limited athletic ability? Slow? That is what the talking heads said BEFORE the combine...and then he proved them wrong.

You guys are sad. Grasping a straws with little or no proof to back it up. Just cause a guy does something well in the combine does not erase whats on tape.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.