Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

Good News For Saints, Only Two Current Players Named For Punishment!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

After a second day of meeting between Goodell and NFL players union, information on players likely to see punishment was just released. Of the names given, only Will Smith and Vilma are current Saints players named.

Luckily, Lofton was brought in to replace Vilma along with some new LB's such as Hawthorne. As for Smith, Saint were still able to win all the games he missed as well as have recent picks from past two years that spend last year IR, such as Greg Romeus. Romeus would have been a 1st round but was injured. After a year of NFL grade conditioning, Romeus has potential to be a great pass rusher and is like we got a 1st round pass rusher this year.

GM Loomis is only being punished after his work is done at beginning of season.

Asst Vitt only has 6 games and could be reduced.

Payton could still end up out the full year, but his mentor Parcells could step in and babysit as Payton has spent the past two weeks planning out the season and leaving tons of lists ready as well as will be able to have contact with the staff during th season!

Bottom line. For those that thought Goodell would gut the Saints and make them less competitive, looks liked the dream is over, NFC South Champs Saints with best offense in history and new and improved defense is coming! WHO DAT!

#2 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

Bad news for Saints. They're still a classless organization that is respected by no one but themselves.

#3 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

Lofton sucks and bad news for the Saints, is you lost your head coach, other coaches, GM(and if you think that he just works before the season, you are stupid. They are quite important to an organization) and all respect you ever had around the league. Nobody cares about that great story of you going to the superbowl anymore after Katrina. You will always be seen as a classless organization and not have any respect. Oh and other bad news for the Saints... Drew Brees. What's up with that situation. Is he still pissed at the organization and wanting out? Bill Parcells sucks. He hasn't had success in a long time and is completely out of touch with the NFL these days. He has to change everything about him if he wants any success. I realize you are trying to be very optimistic, if you know what that word means. But in all honesty, your Saints are screwed. No way around it.

Oh and would you like to make a bet? I bet that the Panthers will have a better offense than the Saints next year.

#4 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Luckily, Lofton was brought in to replace Vilma along with some new LB's such as Bunkley.

Bunkley is a DT dumbass.

But you like most fans probably don't know anything about the actual sport and just pull for your 'who dats' because its the popular thing to do.

#5 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Not only did Brees make a statment supporting Saints 4 days ago, he spoke to one of our fans yesterday and he still bleeds Black and Gold!

http://saintsreport....sterday-227618/

#6 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

Not only did Brees make a statment supporting Saints 4 days ago, he spoke to one of our fans yesterday and he still bleeds Black and Gold!

I wonder what colors he'll bleed when that tag is up.

#7 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

And he still hasn't signed. Your point is??

#8 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Brees isn't going to play on the tag, they are working on a long term deal and have over month to complete it although everyone believes it will be faster than that.

#9 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Bunkley is a DT dumbass.

But you like most fans probably don't know anything about the actual sport and just pull for your 'who dats' because its the popular thing to do.

Why isn't you can't have a conversation without namecalling!? I already had fixed it, I meant Hawthorne who was just signed today and is really good!

http://saintsreport....erged-]-227634/

Saints still making good moves in FA. The defense will be much better next year!

#10 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

If this news had come out a few days earlier, the free Payton rally could've had 53 people show up!!!

#11 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hey Saints* fan. I have a couple of questions for you.

Do you think Drew Brees is worth 23M dollars a year? Why or Why not?

Do you agree with your GM of attempted to offer Brees 18M dollars a year? Why or Why not?

Do you know that Brees had said that he wouldn't want to play under the tag because the last time he did he injured his shoulder?

With the Saints signing all these players to contracts, do you think they have enough to pay Brees what he wants? Saints are tight against the cap at 1.4M.

Not trolling. Just asking questions.

#12 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

Brees isn't going to play on the tag, they are working on a long term deal and have over month to complete it although everyone believes it will be faster than that.

haven't we been down this road before?

#13 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

Hey Saints* fan. I have a couple of questions for you.

Do you think Drew Brees is worth 23M dollars a year? Why or Why not?

Do you agree with your GM of attempted to offer Brees 18M dollars a year? Why or Why not?

Do you know that Brees had said that he wouldn't want to play under the tag because the last time he did he injured his shoulder?

With the Saints signing all these players to contracts, do you think they have enough to pay Brees what he wants? Saints are tight against the cap at 1.4M.

Not trolling. Just asking questions.

As for contract here is best article to explain numbers. Basically the difference is in total paid in first 3 years, not the total amount. In a nutshell, instead of 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, he wants 23, 23, 23, 13, 13, 13.

http://www.nationalf...rees-worth.html

Basically all the fans think Brees is worth it, he has carried the franchise on his back. Look at Matt Flynn step in for Rodgers against the playoff bound Lions playing their hardest try and seed better. Flynn set Packers records that game that surpassed Rodgers. The same thing wouldn't happen with Saints. chase Daniel has been developing into a solid back and can keep the team competitive, but not on the level of Brees.

As for contract cap hit, there are tons of way to work the cap. On thing they have done to free up money is restructuring contracts and paying large signing bonuses that don't count towards that years cap in entirety. The only trick is you need to have a couple 20 million cash laying around, which our billionaire owner does. On the other hand Bucs are signing players who have to wait two months to get paid their signing bonuses. Pat Y of NFC South blog laid it out in an article explaining how Brees affects cap, I believe he is 15 mil hit with tag, but because of all the discounts and singing bonuses, even a 22 mil contract will have a cap hit of around 16.1 mil. I'll dig up article and post it.

#14 BlanksKarma

BlanksKarma

Falcons Loser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

paying large signing bonuses that don't count towards the cap.

What fricken planet are you from? Signing bonuses are pro-rated and spread across the contract.

Signing Bonuses don't count against the Salary Cap, really! I guess I shouldn't be shocked you have no idea how the NFL works.

#15 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,535 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

What fricken planet are you from? Signing bonuses are pro-rated and spread across the contract.

Signing Bonuses don't count against the Salary Cap, really! I guess I shouldn't be shocked you have no idea how the NFL works.

paying large signing bonuses that don't count towards that years cap in entirety.

LOL.. way to represent an already swamp land inbred infested fanbase... Alejandra, seriously, how do you wake up in the morning and look yourself in the mirror? or is ignorance truly bliss?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com