• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Trevin Wallace LB - Pick 72, Round 3

5 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Davis was literally drafted to be a Spy for Vick twice a year - they developed him from there. 

True. I think people forget that he was almost viewed the way Chinn was around here aside from being an answer to Vick.

Just didn't know where to put him. Too big for a safety and too small for an LB at that time, but we tried him and listed him at both.

For a while we just didn't think he'd stick around. He was fast and he could hit and that was about the extent of it.

It took a few years but we eventually got it figured out. Just need patience.

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Local espn and sports talk shows are roasting this pick today. All said Wilson, Butkus award winner should have been the pick. Even Luke endorsed the kid.  

This reeks of DJ Johnson last year.  

Are you saying the local sports radio guys wanted the local guy 😀

I think he was flagged as a major injury risk by a lot of teams.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Martin said:

mac and bone were borderline unlistenable today.  I had to cut it off halfway through their draft "evaluation"  There is being a homer and happy about the draft and then there is that.  Whatever over the top balls in mouth analysis you want to call it but it was not rational.

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Martin said:

To be honest I think beyond the injuries there is concern he has peaked as a LB. He is great as is but coupled with the ware and tear he already has on his body I can see why a lot of teams didn't want to risk a high pick on him. I do not fault anyone either way.

• Pie 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

To be honest I think beyond the injuries there is concern he has peaked as a LB. He is great as is but coupled with the ware and tear he already has on his body I can see why a lot of teams didn't want to risk a high pick on him. I do not fault anyone either way.

Full disclosure I probably wouldnt have blown a high pick on wilson, but if last year was his peak he is still going to be a damn good linebacker for pitt.  Dude was a master player caller and simply all over the field.  The not having an acl is curious as hell because he was unstoppable last season

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Martin said:

The same local sport radio guys who want to get a spark out of their increasingly dwindling audience. 

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

mac and bone were borderline unlistenable today.  I had to cut it off halfway through their draft "evaluation"  There is being a homer and happy about the draft and then there is that.  Whatever over the top balls in mouth analysis you want to call it but it was not rational.

And don’t you dare text in and tell them any Bryce criticism. 

EDIT: as far as LBs ands Wilson, man I would love to have him but those injuries are part of the deal. They are scary. 

Edited by strato

3 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Local espn and sports talk shows are roasting this pick today. All said Wilson, Butkus award winner should have been the pick. Even Luke endorsed the kid.  

This reeks of DJ Johnson last year.  

I don’t think this guy is near as unfinished. 

edit: a team Captain at Kentucky as a Junior. That’s getting a quality person. Which if he can’t play won’t matter but let’s see. I think he looks pretty good. 

Edited by strato