31 replies to this topic

#1 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

We seem to be stockpiiling DB's, but not corners.... Could mean two things 1. We will take a corner in the draft, or 2. we will take a pass rush expert.

The latter seems more likely since it is doubtful that Claiborne will fall to us and the experts seem to think no other corner is worthy of that pick. The pass rush class seems to be stacked with just pass top ten level talent. What do you guys think?

#2 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

Well, we are crowded at the CB position. The Safety position is now legitimately fixed. One of those safeties will emerge and take charge.

#3 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

It's possible we will try Martin out at CB. I'm thinking our A and B in the first round unless some star falls are Coples and Keuchly at this point. We will easily be able to get a good CB in the second round. There is no doubt about that.

#4 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

Well, we are crowded at the CB position. The Safety position is now legitimately fixed. One of those safeties will emerge and take charge.

Crowded but only 2-3 should be on the 53 man roster at this point.

#5 Double34Trouble28

Double34Trouble28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

I think it's a safe assumption a CB will be taken in the first or second. But I know what I get for assuming.

#6 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

We seem to be addressing OL and S in free agency. Rather typical of Hurney.

From who we have brought in and interviewed (I know we do not know the complete list) It seems that we are interested in drafting LB, WR, DL.

I have not seen much at CB interviewed--I think we talked to Dwight Bently, a smallish (179 lb) small school player who could fall to fourth. I am thinking they like Hogan and they want to build the pass rush first, which makes sense.

At DE, have they decided Hardy is not the answer? What about Keiser, who had 4 sacks in limited playing time? Can they get more pass rush out of Applewhite? I think we address DE, but not if we don't do it in rounds 1 or 2.

At DT, the prospects are a bit questionable to warrant the 9th pick. They are either workout warriors, one-hit wonders, or very raw. We get Edwards added to the mix and our 4 first year players (Shirley, Kearse, Fua, and McClain) will be much improved. I am not sold on the fact that we address DT, but if we do, it could be a late rounder like that kid from Canada or Martin from Michigan.

I think we are going WR or LB early. Most people think we are set at WR. That is wishful thinking--regardless, we seem to be interested in WRs.

Michael Floyd or Luke Kuechley--Possibly a Coples or Ingram--it is really hard to tell.

#7 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

It's also possible that they are much higher on Brandon Hogan than we're aware of and believe he's going to be the 2nd starting corner.

Just while we're listing possibilities. Not every single thing to do with the team right now must mean something about the draft.

#8 FuaMeOnce

FuaMeOnce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

People seem to get upset at the potential Luke Kuechley pick. I for one, am excited.

#9 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

We seem to be addressing OL and S in free agency. Rather typical of Hurney.

From who we have brought in and interviewed (I know we do not know the complete list) It seems that we are interested in drafting LB, WR, DL.

I have not seen much at CB interviewed--I think we talked to Dwight Bently, a smallish (179 lb) small school player who could fall to fourth. I am thinking they like Hogan and they want to build the pass rush first, which makes sense.

At DE, have they decided Hardy is not the answer? What about Keiser, who had 4 sacks in limited playing time? Can they get more pass rush out of Applewhite? I think we address DE, but not if we don't do it in rounds 1 or 2.

At DT, the prospects are a bit questionable to warrant the 9th pick. They are either workout warriors, one-hit wonders, or very raw. We get Edwards added to the mix and our 4 first year players (Shirley, Kearse, Fua, and McClain) will be much improved. I am not sold on the fact that we address DT, but if we do, it could be a late rounder like that kid from Canada or Martin from Michigan.

I think we are going WR or LB early. Most people think we are set at WR. That is wishful thinking--regardless, we seem to be interested in WRs.

Michael Floyd or Luke Kuechley--Possibly a Coples or Ingram--it is really hard to tell.

Thank you for saying this, it is the point that I was trying to express. Raw is the perfect word to describe the projected top defensive tackles in the draft.

#10 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

The closer we get to the draft the less I give a fug who we draft. I just want it to be over.

Anticipating the draft is like planning a wedding...too much work for not nearly enough excitement.

#11 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

People seem to get upset at the potential Luke Kuechley pick. I for one, am excited.

We need a linebacker. Beason is hurting and will struggle this year. If Davis comes back he should change his name to Jesus...

#12 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

I'm at the point where they're going to go BPA, and hopefully it's Tannehill, that way we can trade down and get maybe two late first or a late first and early 2nd, i mean something like that, where then we could get the best DT and DE available, take the best CB/LB in the 2nd, grab a TE in the 3rd.

#13 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

Thank you for saying this, it is the point that I was trying to express. Raw is the perfect word to describe the projected top defensive tackles in the draft.

We could trade back, but why draft players (and sign free agents) and then not give them time to develop? You are right, in my opinion.

#14 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,021 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

I'm at the point where they're going to go BPA, and hopefully it's Tannehill, that way we can trade down and get maybe two late first or a late first and early 2nd, i mean something like that, where then we could get the best DT and DE available, take the best CB/LB in the 2nd, grab a TE in the 3rd.

There's no way the Browns pass on Tannehill.

Sure they can get Blackmon/Floyd to give McCoy a weapon, but then they'd still be stuck with McCoy.

#15 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

My best guess is that we go DL in the 1st and CB in the 2cd, though LB at either wouldn't shock me. Kuechly is pretty much the only option that would make sense in the 1st, but several guys could fit the bill in the 2cd.

For the rest of the draft, I think we'll be looking to add depth at LB, OL, and looking for immediate impact special teamers who could possibly develop into more (especially a returner).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Safety, DB, Defensive Back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com