• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

I'm at the point where they're going to go BPA, and hopefully it's Tannehill, that way we can trade down and get maybe two late first or a late first and early 2nd, i mean something like that, where then we could get the best DT and DE available, take the best CB/LB in the 2nd, grab a TE in the 3rd.

im all for this. although wouldnt be mad with coples or luke with the 9th

#17 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

I'm at the point where they're going to go BPA, and hopefully it's Tannehill, that way we can trade down and get maybe two late first or a late first and early 2nd, i mean something like that, where then we could get the best DT and DE available, take the best CB/LB in the 2nd, grab a TE in the 3rd.

We don't have 3rd rounder. I didn't catch that the first time.

We already used it on a TE too. lol

#18 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,185 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

We will be drafting the best DL that is there at 9th.

#19 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

I'm starting to think that the Panthers may believe they have something in Brandon Hogan. We didn't get to see much of him last year as he recovered from the ACL, but we've definitely been stocking up on safeties while showing little interest in CBs.

#20 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,680 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

I for one would NOT be happy with taking a linebacker with our 1st. We know what we have with Anderson and Beason, assuming Beason doesn't reinjure (which is a possibility knowing our trainer's track record). Davis is an unknown right now obviously, but there's a chance he comes back alright. Some people act as if he's undoubtedly done forever, but that's not a done deal.

Even so, our linebackers looked bad last year for two reasons.

1. We were playing 2nd and 3rd stringers all season.
2. Our DL literally couldn't stop a single RB before he got to the 2nd level, putting more pressure on the LBs.

I say we draft a good linebacker with a mid round pick, but our first rounder needs to address the DL or the CB position if a top CB looks good enough to take at #9.

#21 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

I'm honestly a huge fan of stockpiling Defensive Linemen. Coples/Ingram in the 1st and Worthy/Still in the 2nd would make this a beast draft for us. I could honestly see us take Kuechley if Hurney isn't impressed with Coples or Ingram, only DT I'd take at #9 would be Cox and he's still a reach at #9. Football battles are won in the trenches, beef up the defensive line and you'll instantly see our secondary improve.

#22 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

It's possible we will try Martin out at CB. I'm thinking our A and B in the first round unless some star falls are Coples and Keuchly at this point. We will easily be able to get a good CB in the second round. There is no doubt about that.

I'm all on up on this train. I like Martin and, I think we ought to give him a chance at CB before sending him to the bench. As much as people on here can't stop talking about his missed tackles, I can't help but remember that tip-toed endzone interception last year. I wanted us to trade way down, draft Mark Barron, and move 23 back to CB before we went all Safety happy in FA. I just think he and Gamble on the outside would be a good combination.

#23 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

It's possible that Martin will be given a shot at CB. Just makes me more pissed off that we took Martin over Sean Smith though. We wouldn't be in this dilemma.

#24 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,414 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

At DT, the prospects are a bit questionable to warrant the 9th pick. They are either workout warriors, one-hit wonders, or very raw.

Fletcher Cox has 2.5 years as a starter in the SEC, so he is not a one-hit wonder, and he is not raw.. he is not simply a workout warrior, because he has the production to go with it. I'd say Fletcher Cox is the only guy that does not follow under your broad umbrella, thus he would warrant the #9 overall pick.

#25 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

Fletcher Cox has 2.5 years as a starter in the SEC, so he is not a one-hit wonder, and he is not raw.. he is not simply a workout warrior, because he has the production to go with it. I'd say Fletcher Cox is the only guy that does not follow under your broad umbrella, thus he would warrant the #9 overall pick.

he
He is a bit light, but he is my favorite DT. I do not think he is top 10, however, Some say he aineeds to gain weight. I did not offer a detailed description of every DT I was thinking Still, Poe, Brockers.

#26 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,414 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

he
He is a bit light, but he is my favorite DT. I do not think he is top 10, however, Some say he aineeds to gain weight. I did not offer a detailed description of every DT I was thinking Still, Poe, Brockers.

Oh I see. I heard that Cox has the frame to gain 10lbs without losing his elite quickness. Right now he is being mocked anywhere from #9-15.. I don't feel like he is much of a reach, if a reach at all. He will not get past #15 to the Eagles.

#27 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Oh I see. I heard that Cox has the frame to gain 10lbs without losing his elite quickness. Right now he is being mocked anywhere from #9-15.. I don't feel like he is much of a reach, if a reach at all. He will not get past #15 to the Eagles.

I also had him pegged as a 3-4 DE because of the weight. I hear the Pats love him--

#28 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Location34.887133,-81.00769

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

I also had him pegged as a 3-4 DE because of the weight. I hear the Pats love him--

Good. Let's hope they love him enough to trade up and grab him ;)

#29 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

I'm still hoping to trade back and get an extra 2nd rounder or our 3rd round pick back..... finding a suitor for that option becomes the case. Kirkpatrick or Gilmore would be good choices. Then look to the DT need in the 2nd.

#30 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,659 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Well Hurney likes to draft 1000 mediocre DBs in the 6th and 7th round so of course we have mediocre DBs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Safety, DB, Defensive Back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.