#91 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,745 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

ZOMG UR JUST SAYING THAT BECAUSE LUKE AND CONNER ARE WHITE!

Luke didn't exactly play vs the same competition as Dont'a. Those SEC players generally have extremely polished fundamentals and are much more "brutish". Dont'a probably has more experience against shedding NFL quality blocks than Luke.

Color ain't got anything to do with it. I could be wrong, but I don't believe Kuechly or Hightower is Dan Morgan

#92 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,466 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

Actually I agree, I think of Connor when I see Luke as well. I think Luke is a bit more athletic

#93 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Color ain't got anything to do with it. I could be wrong, but I don't believe Kuechly or Hightower is Dan Morgan

Was being sarcastic in the color reference. The level of competition worries me about Luke. He is a very good prospect, not quite on the level of pat willis. Also we have no idea what he is as a leader or what his football IQ is. Those two factors are not in any doubt for beason.

#94 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,444 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

Didn't say anything about Beason Big Dog

Yeah, you were asking why people like Luke. If you like what Beason brings to the table....then you should understand why people like Luke.

#95 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,444 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Actually I agree, I think of Connor when I see Luke as well. I think Luke is a bit more athletic

Connor was a 2 down LB in the NFL.....Luke projects to be an every down LB. More like Beason than Connor

#96 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

I'm surprised they are letting him push it that hard so soon. He does not look full speed yet. If you follow Beast on twitter you would know he's always been a workout warrior. I wondered if his injury was from going to hard. This vid in itself is not evidence against drafting a LB. It just makes it more likely Beason will be back and healthy.

You never know when and where a injury might happen. Ask Eagles OT Peters. He tore his achilles here a few weeks ago out of know where. Dude trust me when I say Beason,doctors and trainers know when the time is right. If Beason and the trainers didn't think it was safe to do it right now. He wouldn't be doing it. But anything could happen at anytime. No matter how healthy the player is. It just happens. But for now it looks like Beason is doing good and should be back to full use by TC time or not sooner. I'm sure RR and his Trainning Staff will take it one step at a time with Beason to insure that nothing will happen to him.

#97 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,145 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

What the hell is so great about Kuelchy? He's a stick who is slow.. Even in his highlight tapes he tackled with his arms most the time.

Look at the combine numbers. Kuechly was faster than Beason.Not even close.

#98 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,145 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

People over exaggerate how good the SEC is. There's always a few teams at the top that are stacked 4 deep at every position but the majority of SEC teams are pushovers.

#99 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

Where is Otah's video?

Do we really need a video of him eating Hambugers, Tacos, and Pizza. LOL

#100 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,444 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

video shows he can cut, run and is plenty explosive without having to worry about his ankle. what else is needed to be considered a full recovery?

It is just a workout. Like I said, any player coming off a major injury could put together a video like that.

What else do we need? Are you serious? How about Beason actually playing football at a high level.

That video doesn't even give you a clue about how he would hang with guys on a NFL field. Also every move he is making is planned and calculated on top of that in those drills.

#101 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

video shows he can cut, run and is plenty explosive without having to worry about his ankle. what else is needed to be considered a full recovery?

Correct. Some people just don't want to accept that he is nearly back. Some people want us to waste a 1st round pick on another LB just in case something to beason. What happen if draft a LB in the first and that guy gets injuried in preseason instead. Waste of a 1st don't you think. Bottomline Beason could get hurt again in the same place. But that goes for any play in the NFL. You never know. I faith tho that he will be ok.

#102 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,145 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Correct. Some people just don't want to accept that he is nearly back. Some people want us to waste a 1st round pick on another LB just in case something to beason. What happen if draft a LB in the first and that guy gets injuried in preseason instead. Waste of a 1st don't you think. Bottomline Beason could get hurt again in the same place. But that goes for any play in the NFL. You never know. I faith tho that he will be ok.

It's not just Beason. It's Thomas Davis as well. 2/3 of our starting LBs have major question marks. Our reserves are absolute nobodies. We had better back ups last year and all of them got hurt. I'm not saying draft a LB, but I am saying there is some logic to it.

#103 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,464 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Not about replacing Beason but about replacing Thomas Davis, if hurt(Beason, Anderson). He is plenty fast to play Lolb as does Clay Matthews(he timed faster).

He is not the pass rusher Clay is but is a poor mans version of him or comparable Demeco Ryans- pre injuries..Curtis Lofton.

- with that said Id rather get Lavonte David in the second with a CB or DT in the first.

#104 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Look at the combine numbers. Kuechly was faster than Beason.Not even close.

Beason had a leg injury going into the Combine so I wouldn't used that to help your argument. Until Kuechly becomes a All Pro 3 time pro bowler don't say he is better then beason.

#105 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,145 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Faster, not better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com