#46 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why

You misspelled "whine"... multiple times.

#47 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

also this means ill have to buy this piece of poo game, fug you ea

#48 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,260 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

So who do you think placed this curse? What kind is it, mystical? Black magic? Satan? Wiccan? Does the cover athlete get their soul trapped in a magic crystal?

If you believe in a curse you should feel comfortable answering these questions.

#49 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

I'm not sure where people are getting this misconception that Otah is some great pass-blocker.

I don't think I ever said that, also who is to say he cannot improve if healthy and on the field, The most sacks he gave up in a year was half of what Bell did, also Drew Brees isn't Cam Newton.

Cam has the build to take far more punishment he also has the ability to create plans were a sack should have been.

#50 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

He gon' get

#51 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,972 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

If actually believe in a video game curse, then my opinion of Saints fans has somehow reached a new low.

Is it possible for a fanbase have a negative level of respect?

most of what made that loss hilarious and embarrassing was the fact that they had just come off winning a fuging super bowl. that and the whole "seahawks are the worst team to ever make the playoffs" angle.

losing in the first round of the playoffs on the road would be kind of like the higher end of my expectations for next season.

#52 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,758 posts

Satan?

Posted Image

"Yes... yes... nothing will happen to Cam... very good panther fans...very good *snickers evilly"

#53 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,553 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Madden curse is bogus. I'll list some of the famous instances of the madden curse.

1) Micheal Vick- few years after he appeared and he did it to himself. No "curse" about it as some want to say.
2) Peyton Hillis- Only had one good year. Happens to a lot of people
3) Drew Brees- still eclipsed 4,500 yards passing and made the playoffs. Cursed because they lost in the wild card round. give me a break
4)Brett Favre- Threw a lot of interception. Shocking. Something that the individual can control. Not a "curse"
5)Ray Lewis- I read he was "cursed" because he failed to make an interception that season, and the Ravens barely missed the playoffs.
6) Barry Sander- Randomly retired. Don't exactly see Cam doing that.

Larry Fitsgerald was on the cover and had an all pro season. Eddie George also had the best season of his career after being on the cover of Madden. Dorsey Levens also had one of his best seasons after being on the cover.

I think Cam will have the best season for anyone ever after being on the cover of Madden. Why? Because it's Cam.

So Vick broke his own leg?

#54 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Whoever votes against cam is a fuging douch canoe

#55 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Yay, now maybe EA can get his face right this time.

#56 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

So who do you think placed this curse? What kind is it, mystical? Black magic? Satan? Wiccan? Does the cover athlete get their soul trapped in a magic crystal?

If you believe in a curse you should feel comfortable answering these questions.

You're looking in the wrong place, you need to look at the psychology of athletes for answers. First off, the fact every single person on the cover from '99 to present statistically proves there is some connection, just a fact.

Now the reason for connection doesn't need to be magical. One possible explanation can reside with psychology of athletes. Many of the professional athletes are superstitious people and have everything from pregame rituals to wearing lucky underwear, etc. Add to that a perceived curse associated with Madden, and you might end up with athletes playing a little different.

Maybe because they fear injury, they play a little more conservative or what they think is safer and that slight change could itself affect their performance. There are many levels to which perceived threats such as elevated stress affecting the chemistry of the body.

#57 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

Yay, now maybe EA can get his face right this time.

Might have to create new screen names just to give you more than one pie on this. EA is such a joke.

#58 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

You're looking in the wrong place, you need to look at the psychology of athletes for answers. First off, the fact every single person on the cover from '99 to present statistically proves there is some connection, just a fact.

Now the reason for connection doesn't need to be magical. One possible explanation can reside with psychology of athletes. Many of the professional athletes are superstitious people and have everything from pregame rituals to wearing lucky underwear, etc. Add to that a perceived curse associated with Madden, and you might end up with athletes playing a little different.

Maybe because they fear injury, they play a little more conservative or what they think is safer and that slight change could itself affect their performance. There are many levels to which perceived threats such as elevated stress affecting the chemistry of the body.

Brees was the victim of "the really gay catchphrase" curse. It happened to the 87 Bears status post superbowl shuffle.

#59 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

bottom line is someone like Brees or Troy P.....DON'T support this silly claim of a Madden Curse.

Brees throwing picks doesn't outweight the fact he lead the NFL in completion percentage, was 2nd in TDs, and lead his team to the playoffs. That isn't evidence of a curse. That is just insane. They lost in the playoffs b/c the Saints gave up 30+ points to a horrific Seattle team.....

that type of year would be the best Carolina had in 7 years and be ANOTHER great step forward in Cam's development.

#60 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,260 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

You guys overstate these players' estimation of this. To suggest that Drew Brees walked onto the field and couldn't play to par because he was thinking about the fuging "Madden curse" is one of the absolutely stupidest things I've ever heard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com