61 replies to this topic

#31 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

No thanks. If the Jimmy couldn't throw over our OL, Russell would just hit them in the back with the ball.

Yea, especially since Wilson's line at Wisconsin was on average taller than ours, he'd be too used to throwing it over bigger guys.

Stupidity kills.

#32 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,866 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

Check his numbers....all of them.

He fits exactly what I look for when deciding to draft a QB high or not.....except for height.

Because of that, he will slide, but probably not as far as most think that outside of FO's.

If there are big enough idiots out there to draft Armanti Edwards and Pat White high, you know Wilson will go higher than we think.

I have been saying for a while, late 2 early 3.

#33 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Check his numbers....all of them.

He fits exactly what I look for when deciding to draft a QB high or not.....except for height.

Because of that, he will slide, but probably not as far as most think that outside of FO's.

If there are big enough idiots out there to draft Armanti Edwards and Pat White high, you know Wilson will go higher than we think.

I have been saying for a while, late 2 early 3.

I could see it.

I am worried about someone like the Saints drafting him to be a possible Brees replacement down the road, given their similar skill sets.

That would be a stab to my Panther/Wolfpack loving heart.

#34 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

I was watching a highlight reel of his. Every play that wasn't a shotgun was a play-action bootleg that took him 17 yards away from the line of scrimmage. Having to change our offense if Cam goes down, god forbid, is bad enough without having to factor in a short quarterback. I understand that he's not going to be good as Cam, but you guys make it seem as if he's anything simliar to our quarterbacks. Give me a Derek Anderson that can handle half the play book averagely than a Russell Wilson that can run a quarter of the playbook kinda good. Maybe he can play professional ultimate frisbee with that arm, but I would rather not see him on this team. I would draft him in the 8th round, and then cut him before the season starts.

#35 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

I was watching a highlight reel of his. Every play that wasn't a shotgun was a play-action bootleg that took him 17 yards away from the line of scrimmage. Having to change our offense if Cam goes down, god forbid, is bad enough without having to factor in a short quarterback. I understand that he's not going to be good as Cam, but you guys make it seem as if he's anything simliar to our quarterbacks. Give me a Derek Anderson that can handle half the play book averagely than a Russell Wilson that can run a quarter of the playbook kinda good. Maybe he can play professional ultimate frisbee with that arm, but I would rather not see him on this team. I would draft him in the 8th round, and then cut him before the season starts.

#trollssobad

#36 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

I was still making a point. I understand that it's a tough one to counter, but you don't have to cop out.

He's Pat White if Pat White played for a Carolina college and you all loved him.

#37 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

I like this kid, but someone will over-draft him.

#38 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

I like this kid, but someone with over-draft him.

The Dolphins round two. I wouldn't doubt it.

They drafted the great John Beck, Chad Henne, and Pat White all in the 2nd round back to back to back.

#39 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

If we're looking for a backup QB who can run the option, I'd rather go for a vet like Dennis Dixon.

#40 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,866 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

Better arm and footwork than Brees coming out of Purdue.

#41 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,866 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

Could work perfectly in Andy Reid's offense. IMO.

Smart, opposite of Mike Vick and Vince Young.

#42 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

Silly State homers.

#43 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

Better arm and footwork than Brees coming out of Purdue.

It would be silly to think that Drew Brees learned everything about the game prior to entering the NFL.

#44 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

Could work perfectly in Mike Shanahan offense. IMO.

Smart, along with RG3

:)

#45 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

I was still making a point. I understand that it's a tough one to counter, but you don't have to cop out.

He's Pat White if Pat White played for a Carolina college and you all loved him.

Does making a pathetically under informed point not count as trolling?

http://espn.go.com/n...llege/pat-white
http://espn.go.com/c.../russell-wilson

Nevermind the fact that he set a record for passing efficiency and threw for double the TDs and Yards in his college career. But wait, you watched a highlight reel so you know better. My bad.

Dumbass Troll.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.