Photo
- - - - -

The Future Of One Jimmy Clausen.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Clausens Future. (106 member(s) have cast votes)

What should happen to Clausen?

1. Trade him for whatever we can get! (58 votes [54.72%])

Percentage of vote: 54.72%

2. Just cut him, he doesn't have any trade value. (34 votes [32.08%])

Percentage of vote: 32.08%

3. Other. (Explanation) (14 votes [13.21%])

Percentage of vote: 13.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

Everytime I see #2 I just think it should be Cam...

#17 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

If we draft a qb later in the draft then I think its a done deal that we cut him. Hopefully we can get some value for him but he could easily get cut imo.

#18 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

I don't mind him staying as long as he's improving. I would let him see a ton of action in the pre-season and hopefully he increases his value to us or to another team.

#19 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 16,516 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

I see him getting cut at the end of the final preseason game and us carrying 2 QBs

#20 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

I'd take him into another pre-season and see how he performs. I don't really see much point in cutting him now. There's no big money free agents left and no better 3rd stringers to replace him.

#21 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,517 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

He showed an improvement last preseason. If he could show more improvement, he could generate a little interest. Though, I wouldn't mind keeping him as a backup once Anderson is gone. I don't think Anderson is going to be back after this season. Clausen could be a pretty good no.2 QB.

#22 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Jordan Matthews Bandwagon.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,013 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

That's the other point I forgot to make, He did improve from last year. But Cam was just too much for him to over come. Although how long would you keep him for? Pre-season?

I doubt he gets first team snaps though. Cam has this offense on lock down. I just don't see the benefit of keeping him past the pre-season or 4-5 games into the season.

Come on Hurney, Make this happen with your magic.

#23 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,989 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

The only player we could get in a trade would probably be another offensive lineman on the verge of getting cut.

Do it, Hurney.

#24 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

this thread=the pinacle of off season threads...damn I can't wait until the draft

#25 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth they beer.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,505 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

Dream scenario would be that Miami picks up Michael Floyd and then he's shipped to Miami for a draft pick.

Posted Image

#26 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 2,940 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

I think it's always best if we can trade a player, for a resonable trade, compaired to what his compensatory pick to us would be. If we haven't traded him prior to drafting a QB like Wilson then we'll cut him. If we don't draft a QB, we'll keep him for another year as inactive insurance.

#27 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

Keep him while under his current contract. Cheap backup who is fimiliar with our system, i'll take him. Plus DA is on the roster to mentor young Cam and Jimmy./

#28 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,004 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

We could trade Jimmy and a 6th round pick to some team with a need for QB and maybe get a 7th for him.

#29 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Jordan Matthews Bandwagon.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,013 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,525 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

I can't believe the vitriol towards Jimmy. How did he become the scape goat for 2010? That season was engineered by Jerry Richardson, Marty Hurney, and John Fox. Jimmy was just a poor innocent rookie that was sabotaged.

The one thing I will concede is that Jimmy is a follower, not a leader. If he does develop into a solid QB I will be surprised. I see him more as a life long backup. So keep him and let him backup cam. If we cut him we free up about $900k in cap space. First, I think that ship has sailed, it's to late to cut him. Two, who are we going to replace him with for $900k? It's not like we would replace him with an all world linebacker. We would carry three QBs anyway. Right now he has no trade value. If The Golden Calf of Bristol is worth a 4th then Jimmy is worth nothing. He needs to improve and show something when he gets a chance ala Matt Flynn.

Really? What is it you hate so much about Jimmy? Lot's of QBs struggle early in their careers. Brett Favre did, Troy Aikmen did, and Johnny Unitas was cut by the Steelers. Jimmy probably isn't any of those guys but he could be a valuable reserve like Matt Schaub was for Vick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.