#1 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

Hey guys, how do you feel about the Panthers rebranding to the Hornets? Charlotte's first pro football was named the Hornets and its a big part of this city's history. In fact, Hornets Nest Rebellion is the last memorable thing or event to happen in Charlotte. If we were called the Hornets it would re-energize our fanbase. We have one of the least visible and popular logos and brands in the NFL. It's not uncommon to walk in a Foot Locker or sports apparel store in Charlotte and see more Falcons, Steelers, and Cowboy jerseys. Or 20 variations of Falcons hats while not having a single Panther one. Black panthers are virtually non existent in the Carolinas and we need a name and logo that better represents us. We have Hornest Nest Park, CMPD's logo is a hornest nest, etc. We need a logo that would sell and look cooler than a Panther head.

The Charlotte Hornets were the first and biggest pro team in our city and states history. The Hive in its prime was more electric than BOA ever has been, and the Hornets were not a sub . 500 franchise like our Panthers. They actually produced back to back winning seasons. Their buzz locally was larger than anything the Panthers had in 03. I'm just saying, with the emergence of Cam, now is the time to rebrand and capitalize on the hype. The Hornets logo and merchandise would sell like crazy for us, gameday attendance, would increase, and people in the city would take more pride in us. We'd be able to gain back those fans we lost when we drafted Cam and gain all the old Hornets fans back. If Im JR I strongly take a look at changing over to the purple and teal. Hell, Cam already prefers Hornets snapbacks over Panther ones. So what do you guys think?

#2 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

no

#3 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

What? NO.

#4 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Cmon man, Panthers havent been a playoff team in 4 years. We have 4 winning seasons out of 16. We are non existant in free agency. The extra cash in jersey sales could help. Just think of all the players who would love to be a Hornet!

#5 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,478 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

Nice trolling attempt KT.

#6 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

I'm serious, the Hornets name has more history here than black cats. Our merchandising needs a spark.

#7 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

The Charlotte Pantherhornets!

Sounds wicked, i dig.

#8 Jbro

Jbro

BBW GFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

Meh. More of a Sting fan myself.

Posted Image

#9 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

The fuq

#10 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

I gotta agree with KT here. I like the Panthers colors and unis (although I wouldn't mind black pants and helmets.) but I've never understood the whole Panthers/Bobcats thing. They do not represent NC. The Hurricanes nailed it with something that makes you think of NC.

#11 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

Hornets is already taken. Not sure if you noticed.

Also, no.

#12 Xrated

Xrated

Pie Eater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

Omg!!! When is the draft!!!!

#13 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

Fire Ants baby! The Carolina Fire Ants!

#14 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

I gotta agree with KT here. I like the Panthers colors and unis (although I wouldn't mind black pants and helmets.) but I've never understood the whole Panthers/Bobcats thing. They do not represent NC. The Hurricanes nailed it with something that makes you think of NC.

When I think of Hurricanes I think of Florida or New Orleans. I don't think where you are really matters..It's just a mascot..Pittsburgh Penguins comes to mind immediately.

#15 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

Buzz off....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.