77 replies to this topic

#1 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

Who is the better CB?

Im leaning more towards Dre. My only knock on him is he doesnt have the best hands and ball skills but he is very good at blanketing WRs and laying the wood / tackling.

Gilmore is intriguing due to his size and speed. Was only a 2nd round grade prior to the combine which is a concern of mine.

#2 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

I prefer Gilmore over Kirkpatrick. Both are aggressive but Kirkpatrick seems more like a Safety than a cornerback to me. He's lanky. Thin.

Gilmore reminds me of Gamble.

#3 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,873 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

The biggest misconception about drafts is that the expert opinions on where players will go are as meaningless as a bleacher report article

btw...for 2012 I say Dre

For a career I say Gilmore

#4 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,142 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm from SC and follow the Gamecocks a little, although I'm not all that much into college football, I do recall Gilmore getting burned a few times. Kinda like Cap, although I like Cap a lot better than Gilmore. My choice would be Janoris Jenkins, if Claiborne if gone.

#5 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,452 posts

The word on Dre is that he's great in press and zone because that's what he did at Alabama. He may be a great cover corner but he's never done it. All I've really heard about Gilmore is he's done really well in his drills. Shows fluid hips. This is why he's moved up boards. At this point it becomes about scouting philosophy because his tape does not indicate top 15 talent. He gets burned in coverage.

#6 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Kirkpatrick is the best zone corner in the draft, but not a great man to man corner. That's all you need to know about Dre.

#7 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Kirkpatrick is the best zone corner in the draft, but not a great man to man corner. That's all you need to know about Dre.

Why do you say this?

And who in this draft do you consider better man to man CB's?

#8 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,469 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

I would say Dre. As said before he is a good zone CB and the best CB prospect besides Claiborne. My concerns are that he is injury prone though. IMO I would not pick him at 9 though and there are better players at DT when we pick.

#9 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

If we decide to go corner and these are our 2 choices I don't think you go wrong with either. But if GIlmore keeps rising, I think I would work hard to trade down and still pick up kirkpatrick further down the board. If he were gone there are others just as good . There are good corner choices in the first and second rounds. Honestly no one is so great that they stand all alone once Claiborne is gone.

#10 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Jenkins is the best Man to Man CB in this draft. Sucks he has so much baggage.

#11 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Why do you say this?

And who in this draft do you consider better man to man CB's?

I say this because I read expert reports and watch film myself considering it is part of my job.

To answer your second question, based on sole man to man coverage Janoris Jenkins is the best man to man cover corner in the draft.

Based on an overall game of a corner, Morris Claiborne is the best corner.

I don't think you can go wrong with either Morris Claiborne, Dre Kirkpatrick, or Janoris Jenkins.

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Gilmore will be an average corner in this league because he is good at everything and great at nothing, if you need a corner that is great at something you have to take Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, or Jenkins.

#13 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

There were some concerns about Dre because he got pulled over with some friends and had marijuana in the car. I watched an interview and he seems like a bright young man. A good guy but the world is full of good guys that like weed and it can mess up your life if you can't manage it.

#14 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,403 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

At 9th, Kirk.
After 9th, Gillmore.

#15 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

Kirkpatrick is the better corner. Gilmore is all of the sudden being hyped up as the draft nears for no reason.

I remember I had us taking Gilmore in the 2nd of almost all of my mock drafts and a lot of users complained about him playing corner in the NFL. You see those same users jumping on his wagon all of the sudden now though.

The draft is fugging hilarious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.