• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

Have you ever attended a big time night game? There is something extra in the atmosphere. No sun in your eyes if you're on the wrong side of the stadium. Miss work the next day! Having the entire country focused on your game. And on Sunday nights you get the NBC coverage leading up to the game. Prime time games get more cameras and more in depth coverage.

Yes Ive been to a Monday Night game (vs Tampa) and it wasnt that much different than any other game Ive been to.

As for the increased coverage on TV. Great so I get to hear more people mispronounce our players names and talk like theyve never seen us play.

Thanks but give me my Sunday afternoon game.

#17 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

We are coming off back to back losing seasons.....yeah, we got Cam but you need to win to get locked into lots of prime time games.

Personally, I wish all 16 were at 2pm on Sunday

#18 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Yes Ive been to a Monday Night game (vs Tampa) and it wasnt that much different than any other game Ive been to.

As for the increased coverage on TV. Great so I get to hear more people mispronounce our players names and talk like theyve never seen us play.

Thanks but give me my Sunday afternoon game.

At least we won't have Bill Romanowski commentating on our games.....

#19 Moose87Banks

Moose87Banks

I Love Unicorns!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationOregon/Charlotte

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

6-10....

#20 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hoping for a 9-7 type year. Need to see what we have on D to make a real prediction

#21 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hoping for a 9-7 type year.

In your dreams do you win the pick 3 and bang a slightly better than average looking girl?

#22 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,195 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Fans love prime time games....most players hate them.

They screw up their routines.

#23 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

In your dreams do you win the pick 3 and bang a slightly better than average looking girl?

In my dreams I hit a record setting Mega Millions jackpot, buy the Panthers from JR, paint the endzones black, change to all black unis, put the Panther logo at midfield, play gangsta rap after big plays, hire all new cheerleaders......

I already married up in real life though.

#24 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,753 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

I don't care about how many prime time games the Panthers get.

#25 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

more home prime time games means no excuse not to wear black uniforms. :D

Also I'm sure JR loves em since it's a big opportunity to expand the brand outside the carolina's.

#26 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

I honestly dont get the fixation on PT games.

Would someone care to explain? I mean I actually prefer it when all of our games are 1:00 Sunday kickoffs.

I don't know if you go to the games at the Stadium or not, but there is a different atmosphere in a home primetime game. There is just something about being on national tv, with the city of Charlotte in the background. Not to mention all the fanfare that goes on pre-game and post game.

Not to mention the biggest benefit to a primetime game is the much larger amount of time I get to tailgate prior to the game. I don't care to have 3 MNF games like the bears, but a home SNF/MNF game would have been awesome. There is just a different atmosphere at BOA when the lights are on.

Thankfully, we have the Thursday night game against the World champs (hopefully coming off a beatdown of the Aints)

#27 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

I MUCH prefer late games

I get absolutely NOTHING accomplished when games start at 1:00 :)

#28 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,663 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

i love it when this team gets a national spotlight

and "hurf durf primetime games are earned by winning pplz" is a terrible argument. Dallas gets like 6 every year and nearly every single week they don't play primetime they get most of the TV markets for their games and they've been average at best for years

#29 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

i love it when this team gets a national spotlight

and "hurf durf primetime games are earned by winning pplz" is a terrible argument. Dallas gets like 6 every year and nearly every single week they don't play primetime they get most of the TV markets for their games and they've been average at best for years

Cowboys have arguably the largest fanbase in the NFL.......so unless you have that you need to win.

Plus, the Cowboys have had 1 losing season in the last 7 years. So they can be counted on to be in the mix of things......which is important

#30 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,903 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

Just for now I actually prefer the 1 o'clock games, because it means I can watch the whole game (until daylight savings time hits, then I miss the last few minutes of game time) before I have to go to work. I miss prime time games because of my time zone difference, it's in the middle of the workday for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com