• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,972 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

A few weeks ago Marty and Rivera both said they felt good about his production in limited action. Yesterday on NFL Sirius, Marty also said he was pretty happy with Kearse and Neblett inside. He although thought that McClain and Fua would be much improved given they got starting experience.

Great news, because some people have forgotten about him. He played in 8 games, rotational player, and he had 4 sacks and an INT.

He is basically a rookie this year--he was (as you probably already know) advised to stay in school, but when Harbaugh left, he did too. He wlaas projected to be a first or second rounder this year in one mock I read last year predicting the 2012 draft. I expect to see him in the rotation this year.

#32 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,972 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Hope Hardy is not riding his motorcycle this Summer. We'll never know, but I wonder how much his injuries affected him last year. I agree that he could be an above average NFL DE if we can get an inside pressure DT.

Good point--I had forgotten about that. I heard that he ran out of gas, so to speak, during the season. I think the accident impacted his off season conditioning a fair amount, now that I think about it. It makes sense.

This year, you will see him come out. Keiser will rotate in as well. I think we are going to be fine at DE.

#33 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,810 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

Now I'm just worried Cox gets drafted before #9! :(

#34 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

Now I'm just worried Cox gets drafted before #9! :(

God damn rams get your QB a receiver!!!!!

#35 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,543 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

yeah i really dont see Cox falling to 9 at all.

#36 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,543 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Fisher ex DC Wasburn is philly DL coach and he is also big on Cox, which also explains why they like him a lot.

#37 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

DT is a much harder position to assess than DE. So I wasn't taking what I wanted to hear and ignoring the rest. I was deferring to Cossell on Cox bc I have no clue what to look for in a DT. I (personally) think Ingram is an OLB in the mold of Demarcus Ware. Ware could make a solid 4-3 DE. But he makes a PRO BOWL 3-4 OLB....big difference and that is how I see Ingram...solid (Charles Johnson-esque) DE but could be a special (LaMarr Woodley/Demarcus Ware/Terrell Suggs type) OLB. But I'm biased bc I want my 4-3 DE to be 6'5 285 not 6'2 275.

#38 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

Fisher ex DC Wasburn is philly DL coach and he is also big on Cox, which also explains why they like him a lot.

That's what got the Penn State coach in trouble!

#39 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

We'd be lucky to have him there but if he is you gotta grab Cox

#40 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

I want Michael Brockers right now. I think I need to see more Fletcher Cox highlights because from what I've seen he's pretty undersized and looks more like a DE. Brockers is great at disrupting the line from what I've seen and is also a huge space eater.

#41 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

I want Michael Brockers right now. I think I need to see more Fletcher Cox highlights because from what I've seen he's pretty undersized and looks more like a DE. Brockers is great at disrupting the line from what I've seen and is also a huge space eater.

Fletcher cox is not undersized. He's 6 4 298 and I've heard Hess added on an extra 5-10 pounds. That's the same size as alot of good UT. U wouldn't consider Suh undersized now would u. Didn't think so.

Brockers is garbage. Run stopper. No pass rush what so ever. We can find a fat man off the street to do what he does. Cox is quick agile and fast for a man his size. He exploded of the line. If we draft Brockers I'll seriously consider retiring from watching my all time fav team and quit football all together. He's junk. Don't want him.

#42 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

I'm just going by what I see. Cox looked undersized vs his fellow college players and Brockers looked like a absolute beast. You must not have watched very many highlight reels if you really think that Brockers can't stop the rush or get pressure in passing situations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com