#17 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,401 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

This guy is an idiot, if you don't have a good left-tackle then you don't have a QB. Simple as that.

Leslie Frazier says left tackle may not be a “game-changer”

“You’ve got to really weigh your options,” coach Leslie Frazier told Dan Wiederer of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “Because the philosophy [in the NFL] has always been to get the game-changer. And left tackle is not necessarily the game-changer. Usually game-changers are the guys who can score you points. Receivers. Quarterbacks. So what are we measuring that left tackle against? It’s a loaded debate.”

http://profootballta...a-game-changer/

#18 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,716 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

Vikings might be going Blackmon.

#19 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,055 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

This guy is an idiot, if you don't have a good left-tackle then you don't have a QB. Simple as that.

http://profootballta...a-game-changer/

a lot of people wanted him to be a head coach here

lol

#20 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,401 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

a lot of people wanted him to be a head coach here

lol

Thank goodness we didn't get him, I'm happy with the sane Rivera.

#21 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,492 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

It's looking more and more like we won't be able to get Fletcher Cox.

Yeah seems with Jacksonville sitting in front of us and willing to trade down, the Jets or Eagles will move up a take Cox... It's just out of our hands pretty much right

#22 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,401 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

Yeah seems with Jacksonville sitting in front of us and willing to trade down, the Jets or Eagles will move up a take Cox... It's just out of our hands pretty much right

If jets move up I'd say they would take Ingram.

#23 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,417 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

So is Cox really as good as people make him out to be or is he just the best DT in a shallow draft class? From my perspective I dont really see anything that great.

#24 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,778 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

So is Cox really as good as people make him out to be or is he just the best DT in a shallow draft class? From my perspective I dont really see anything that great.

It's not a shallow draft class. But it isn't a superb one either.

#25 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

Gah, if the Jets or Eagles do trade up for Cox then we'll just take Coples. We'll be getting a top 3 defensive talent for sure.

#26 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,417 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

It's not a shallow draft class. But it isn't a superb one either.

True, there just doesn't seem to be a Top-Ten pick at the DT position. There's like 3-4 guys who are pretty good but no great.

#27 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

I'd kinda rather have Brockers if we can't get Cox. You see him on sport science? He pushed a fuging truck that weighed about 2,000 pounds back a good bit. I know he can be a tremendous run stuffer.

#28 Double34Trouble28

Double34Trouble28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

The Blackmon situation is really interesting to me. This isn't necessarily a rumor but I keep seeing him mocked anywhere from 3 to 14. I know you've got to take any mock with a grain of salt for a number of reasons. But I mean, there must be some reason there is such a wide opinion on where he will go. This is going to be a crazy first round with a lot of surprises I think , more than usual.

#29 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,424 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

unfortunately it's starting to look like a possibility. also saw this

Even if I don't like it, I can understand the Eagles moving up to get him, but if this rumor is true about Seattle, then fug them, seriously. They almost never whiff on any defensive tackle they acquire. They even made Alan Branch look decent last year.

What about Ketwan Balmer?

#30 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

Cox is pretty good at getting a push into the pocket with a bull rush, but he usually loses his momentum and gets stood up, or falls down. If he were a worthy top 10 pick, you'd see him getting around the o-lineman at the end of his bull rush, or driving the o-lineman right into the QB.

If you watch the Fletcher Cox vs Alabama youtube video, you'll see something very entertaining. Alabama LG Chance Warmack versus Cox on a few plays. Cox has nothing on Warmack, and after watching that video I actually wanted to see what round Warmack was projected be going in this draft. It turns out he has decided to return to school. In my opinion Warmack would have been a first round pick if had come out in this draft.

The Warmack versus Cox matchup was interesting to me because it was two top quality players going against one another head to head. It's not some terrible player looking like garbage against Cox. What does that reveal? Anyway, Cox tried his bull rush on Warmack, got some penetration, and then Warmack stopped him cold. Cox had plenty of time, but couldn't get around Warmack at all on that play. That added to my opinion that Cox probably won't get many sacks at the NFL level, and will need the DEs to get the sacks. You can see Cox bull rush Warmack at 1:27-1:34

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com