* * - - - 6 votes

Drew Brees Is Not An Elite Qb?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_fug_*

Guest_fug_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

For the past 3 seasons I would watch Brees throw the ball and be like damn it's like he knew exactly what the defensive play was, or one of the taints running backs would just run right at a hole before it even opened up. So my question is.. Did the Saints Offense know what the Defensive play was before the snap?

I find it hard to believe that the Saints, who were already cheating, would have the ability to eavesdrop on opponents and not use it.

Thoughts?

#2 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

my thoughts are, the saints didnt play every game at home, and brees destroyed teams on the road.

/end thread

#3 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,470 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Don't be stupid...

Im sorry I forgot who Im dealing with here. Please TRY not to be so stupid.

#4 Guest_fug_*

Guest_fug_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

my thoughts are, the saints didnt play every game at home, and brees destroyed teams on the road.

/end thread

I didn't say every game, thanks for putting words in my mouth.

#5 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

I hate to, but Brees IS elite.

#6 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,164 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

Brees is a very smart QB, playing for a very smart offensive coach, in a system that is perfect for his skill set.

Similar situation to Brady.

#7 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,876 posts

He's a damn good QB, there's no arguing it.

However, I think that receiving corps doesn't get enough credit. Those fuggers never drop anything. Every Saints game I watch, they make a handful of ridiculous catches.

#8 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,419 posts

Brees is elite.

#9 Guest_fug_*

Guest_fug_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

None of you think they used this to their advantage? really? really?

#10 Guest_fug_*

Guest_fug_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

I'm not saying Drew Brees is bad but I honestly think this helped him in tough home games.

#11 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,954 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

For the past 3 seasons I would watch Brees throw the ball and be like damn it's like he knew exactly what the defensive play was, or one of the taints running backs would just run right at a hole before it even opened up. So my question is.. Did the Saints Offense know what the Defensive play was before the snap?

I find it hard to believe that the Saints, who were already cheating, would have the ability to eavesdrop on opponents and not use it.

Thoughts?

Brees is elite.

As far as listening I years ago....people are looking into it too narrowly. It was about gaining an edge if true....not systematic cheating.

For example, late in a game and a Saint opponent is down by 4. Opposing team calls a timeout to discuss the key play. Then the Saints call a timeout as the opponent takes the field to rethink there D. That is a good 5 minutes of thoughts and ideas he could listen to I regards to a key play.....and none of that would involve interpreting calls signals. The listening in for games could be about taking advantage of rare moments more than anything.

#12 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

Thoughts?

Posted Image

#13 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,863 posts

so going by this same theory, Tom Brady isnt an elite qb either?

#14 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,073 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Drew Brees is 3 things:

1) Elite and a future HoFer
2) A liar
3) Phony

#15 Guest_fug_*

Guest_fug_*
  • Guests

Brees is elite.

As far as listening I years ago....people are looking into it too narrowly. It was about gaining an edge if true....not systematic cheating.

For example, late in a game and a Saint opponent is down by 4. Opposing team calls a timeout to discuss the key play. Then the Saints call a timeout as the opponent takes the field to rethink there D. That is a good 5 minutes of thoughts and ideas he could listen to I regards to a key play.....and none of that would involve interpreting calls signals. The listening in for games could be about taking advantage of rare moments more than anything.

That's even fugging worse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com