Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers Round 1 Draft Selection - Luke Kuechly

275 posts in this topic

Posted

He is probably the farthest thing from a reach. Try again. High floor and ceiling does not equal a reach just because you dont like LBs.

Yep. Outside of the top 5 probably the safest pick in the draft.

Posted

Someone is going to be unhappy if everyone stays healthy. We let Connor walk but draft MLB in the first. Makes no since at all.

As Chris Harris has said. There are only 3 LB spots in a 4-3

Posted

Wonder w/this pick if they will put Davis back in as a saftey?

Posted

love this pick! now we just need to get Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd and our defense will be much improved

Posted

Someone is going to be unhappy if everyone stays healthy. We let Connor walk but draft MLB in the first. Makes no since at all.

As Chris Harris has said. There are only 3 LB spots in a 4-3

What does Chris Harris' opinion have anything to do with this? He's still mad he isn't one of our 2 safeties.

There may only be 3 STARTING positions in 4-3 but there are plenty of opportunities to fit good football players on the field. You can never have too many good football players.

Posted

Yea the Panthers would be insane to have doubts about a guy with 3 ACL surgeries on the same knee. Oh god. Idiots.

Anyway, great pick. Urlacher type LB with high character as an extra. Will be a 10 year+ starter.

I never said they shouldn't have doubts. A guy drafted #9 overall at such an easy transition position as LB should start day 1. With this selection they blatantly told TD he isn't a starter anymore. I've stated all along they should draft a contingency for if/when TD can't play any more. Zach Brown in the 2nd or Demario Davis in the 4th/5th were my favorites, but there are tons of options. Kuechly isn't a contingency, he's a straight up day 1 replacement. I think Kuechly is too good to be riding the bench, I have a high opinion of him. I just didn't think he fits what we need, because even if TD doesn't play a single snap ever again our LB corps of Anderson, Beason and whoever is still better than what we have at DT or CB aside from Gamble.

You should probably learn a little reading comprehension before calling people idiots.

Posted

Posted

i wish we could have traded down and got whitney but he went to houston... lol lol

Posted

Drafting dt last yr, this shows our picks we have faith in them. Not stepping on their toes is a testiment of our integrity to the younger players. I love this.

Posted

Althought I am not thrilled with this pick, I see an up-side to it. He can allow Davis and Beason to come along slowly by taking reps while they rest. Giving him the opportunity to learn both positions. If they all can play, they can stay fresh by rotating. If one gets dinged up, he can start.

From what I have heard both Beason and Davis have been cleared to resume football conditioning. With the season still five months away, this is an encouraging sign. They should both be close to full go by then. I would hope.

Although I am not enamored with this pick. Koochy is a Panther. So.... And GOOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

he tackles with his hands too damn much. Kid's got a lot to learn.

He had 532 career tackles (2nd all time) I think he is doin just fine........Think someone gotta teach you to respect talent