Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Carolina Panthers Round 1 Draft Selection - Luke Kuechly

274 posts in this topic

If you are looking at the Panthers roster noone use the N° 40 this is the only reason we have drafted Kuelchy.

No more whining i want my 2, no its mine..

So you admit that we have only 1 starting linebacker we can count on, and yet you think that Kuechly was a pick that didn't fill a need?

Honestly we have 3 lbers we count on. Anderson,TD and Beason. Luke is a big time pick for us. TD will mostly back up those 3. Having TD as a back is better then most backups in the league right now. My opinion only. Beason will be fine. Don't worry so much.

Kuechly will be defensive rookie of the year..tackling machines always get the votes.

So you admit that we have only 1 starting linebacker we can count on, and yet you think that Kuechly was a pick that didn't fill a need?

I felt it was a need that could have been addressed in round 2 or later. TD coming back is a long shot but what if he does? Then we have to choose to sit Davis or Kuechly and we are not a 3-4 team so both cant be out there. Just back to the same old log jam we have had for years but this time we passed up on a great DT to have it.

@snake: Rivera stated throughout the year he beleive in our third rounders from a year ago. I wasn't thrilled at first but I realized TD won't be what he used to be. It's a smart choice. He can tackle and cover well.

Whatever the choice is tomorrow I'll stand begin him because I believe Rivera is set out to build a strong defense and has had a good history of dominant defenses.

did you have a point?? What about timmons?? best cover LB in the league playing in the middle. Just trying to make you see that LB's are actually very important and not to be confused with FB's as you did.

Yes rush LBers are extremly valuable. Probally better than good DE.

His nickname is Clark Kent/Superman too. lol

@snake: Rivera stated throughout the year he beleive in our third rounders from a year ago. I wasn't thrilled at first but I realized TD won't be what he used to be. It's a smart choice. He can tackle and cover well.

Whatever the choice is tomorrow I'll stand begin him because I believe Rivera is set out to build a strong defense and has had a good history of dominant defenses.

TD insurance was needed but it was a reach in the first. We passed on Impact players to draft insurance for TD. Something Im not happy about.

I fuggin love TD, but you can't depend on a man with three ACL tears in what, less than three years? Hes not insurance, he's our guy.