22 replies to this topic

#16 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

You have to remember that SD's special teams were atrocious during Rivera's last year there as the DC (not his problem, but he witnessed the results) and then he inherited a mess here for last year along with a decision that backfired in Mare. I'm sure it's been in the forefront of his plans since last season ended. The fact that there have been multiple decisive moves in that area is a great sign for our organization under Rivera.

You could be right

Rivera could be just as annoyed with poor special teams play as we are.

We've just been below avg or worse for so long other than Kasay kicking, S-braun drinking, and Peppers blocking sh*t (He Hate Me was not actually good haha) that I'm glad its being finally addressed this offseason.

Kasay, Peppers, Hankton, Cooper...those were about the only decent contributors that made us anything remotely "special" there during Fox's run.

#17 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

We also signed some players this off season (Nakamura. Reggie Smith) who can help with our ST, as well as a majority of UDFA we brought in look like they can help through ST as well.

Looking forward to it

#18 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,513 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

With the addition of Joe Adams, this special teams unit upgraded from mediocre to good.

#19 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,609 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

With the addition of Joe Adams, this special teams unit upgraded from mediocre to good.

they had a long way to go just to get to mediocre

last year's ST unit was good for at least one major fugup in every game. But they've almost completely transformed it this offseason.

#20 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

I'll believe improvement when I see it. I can't say I wanna give us the benefit of the doubt.

#21 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

Like I said in the other thread, ST's should be much better considering how much many of the guys who will be on it were counted on last year with all of the injuries on Defense.

If the fact that they got so much experience playing ACTUAL DEFENSE translates into how they play on ST's, then they should be more physical and attacking. But again, that's a "SHOULD BE".

#22 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,570 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

Well it cost us at least two games last year.PP return and the missed fg.I think they have attracted some good SP team talent but as everything the proof is in the pudding

#23 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,041 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

Well it cost us at least two games last year.PP return and the missed fg.I think they have attracted some good SP team talent but as everything the proof is in the pudding

GB... Gave up TD

Chicago...gave up one TD and another long return

Arizona....gave up TD

Not to mention that everyone was praying that AE would just not fug up every time he went back to field a punt.

Plain and sims, they cost us at least 3 games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.