Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josh Norman Info

94 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe your buddy had a conflict of interest with him??? Just saying....

I acknowledged that in my original post.

Posted

Certified douche.

Maybe he did this out of the goodness of his heart. Maybe he didn't.

Posted

don't sleep on the Coastal Carolina program dude. They're putting a lot of players in the NFL the past 5 years. Not bad considering it didn't even have a FB program a decade ago.

Guess I have to explain what I said to you. Coastal Carolina has 8,000 students, Georgia has 30,000 students, this makes Coastal Carolina a smaller school. I did not say they didn't have means to find talent I said maybe this guys attitude and outlook on life when he came out of high school was something the bigger schools moved on from. They can go out and find 10 more players just like him, a smaller school does not have that luxury.

Posted

I've mentioned before that I know two people that both played on the Coastal Carolina FB team and one of which I talk to almost daily. This is the same guy who I asked about Mike Tolbert coming here and he told me that it was extremely likely.

I just texted him about Josh Norman, and he is not a fan of the guy. He said he is "thug" and "very selfish player"

He also said if Norman starts for us week 1 we are in serious trouble.

I know that on paper it looks like a great pick and a lot of the analyst love the pick based on value. However, 2 months ago a lot mock drafts had him as a solid 2nd round selection and he took a big dive being drafted in the 5th round.

Again, this is from my friend who did not play w/ Norman at Coastal but still has strong ties to the program. So take this with a grain of salt because maybe Norman snubbed him or something at a banquet that he didn't mention and he's just butt hurt. I should also mention that I asked another guy who played at Coastal and is now in the NFL and he said that Norman is a good player but is a douche.

I'm not pulling an NJP and trying to break any inside info to anyone, I'm just telling you what I know from a person who knows Coastal Carolina FB inside and out and started on the team.

i think your buddy is mistaken.....

Posted

could care less if he is selfish and a doosh, as long as he works hard and doesn't get in trouble off the field.

Posted

Agree with your last sentence. Lot's of famous, talented people are assholes in real life.

If the guy can stay out of trouble and be a team guy, this looks like a steal.

Yeah man, again, interviews and media "get-to-know-yous" can be misleading but I don't pickup on any negativity out of him. And as you mentioned, it could just be a personal thing between the guy you know and Norman...

Who knows, could've been a woman issue or something... Never know.

But, from the outside looking in, he seems like a humble guy that works hard and has plenty of talent.

Posted

i think your buddy is mistaken.....

Hey man like I said, the guy knows him and has strong ties to the program. The other guy plays in the NFL.

The NFL guy said he has the talent and ability to play in the league.

Both just think he's an asshole.

Lots of talented, famous people are assholes in real life.

Posted

I've mentioned before that I know two people that both played on the Coastal Carolina FB team and one of which I talk to almost daily. This is the same guy who I asked about Mike Tolbert coming here and he told me that it was extremely likely.

I just texted him about Josh Norman, and he is not a fan of the guy. He said he is "thug" and "very selfish player"

He also said if Norman starts for us week 1 we are in serious trouble.

I know that on paper it looks like a great pick and a lot of the analyst love the pick based on value. However, 2 months ago a lot mock drafts had him as a solid 2nd round selection and he took a big dive being drafted in the 5th round.

Again, this is from my friend who did not play w/ Norman at Coastal but still has strong ties to the program. So take this with a grain of salt because maybe Norman snubbed him or something at a banquet that he didn't mention and he's just butt hurt. I should also mention that I asked another guy who played at Coastal and is now in the NFL and he said that Norman is a good player but is a douche.

I'm not pulling an NJP and trying to break any inside info to anyone, I'm just telling you what I know from a person who knows Coastal Carolina FB inside and out and started on the team.

Honestly I hope that your friend is right. I hope that the reason he dropped to the 5th round wasn't because he lacks physical/football talent, but because teams were scared off by his thuggish/me-first attitude. I can work with that.

Posted

I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt, pepper, nutmeg, all the spices available in the cupboard.

Posted

Honestly I hope that your friend is right. I hope that the reason he dropped to the 5th round wasn't because he lacks physical/football talent, but because teams were scared off by his thuggish/me-first attitude. I can work with that.

Yeah I should of clarified for the many teenagers on this board.

Both said he could play in the NFL but has an attitude problem. Me first, team second. Selfish.

My friend called him a "thug" but a thug is such a vague word now that his interpretation and mine could be different things.

Posted

a lot of people think Steve Smith is a douche too

Posted

I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt, pepper, nutmeg, all the spices available in the cupboard.

as you should.