#61 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

Sure they want to give him a chance, but I'm sure that they also realize he is a cheeseburger binge away from IR.

#62 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,807 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

No reason to take an OT when you already have 2 high quality OTs. The FO has said they want to give Otah one more chance to come back from injury. I guess that's where we differ.

i'll be phenomenally surprised if Jeff Notah makes it past week 6 without being IRed again

#63 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,416 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

i'll be phenomenally surprised if Jeff Notah makes it past week 6 without being IRed again

I hope that he just needed 2 years to heal that knee injury. If he can't heal over 2 years, then he needs to be let go. I try to stay positive about it, because our offense seems to be much better with him in the game. If he comes back at a high level this year, I don't think OT is a need. I'd much rather take defense with our 1st rounder next season.

#64 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

I would have been MUCH more pleased if we had taken Coples than Barron. Holy crap would I have raged if we took Barron at #9.

#65 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,355 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

Sure they want to give him a chance, but I'm sure that they also realize he is a cheeseburger binge away from IR.

It is funny that ill informed posters on here continue to try and correlate Otah's injuries with being overweight or out of shape. This has NEVER been the case. Otah has always been in excellent condition. His injuries have been focused around his knees. He has had difficulty recovering from previous surgeries. This very well may be something that ends his career....but it is NOT due to being overweight or out of shape.

#66 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Wait so his extra stress on his knees due to being fat has nothing do with not being able to recover from a little knee scope

#67 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

And just because you are an ass who considers himself superior to other posters does not make you more informed

#68 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,871 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

Lets not kid ourselves: Cox was a need guy at a position that was weak for most the season.... He would have been taken in the late first or second round in 2010 and although young with time to grow(Amobi Okoye comes to mind) he is undersized and i dont see him being a dominant player.

If it was Dareus or a Suh type DR at that spot i am sure he is taken. There was not much seperating the Brokers, Poe and Cox Dts from the Still, Worthy and D' tambamabingbongs.

Kuechley has a much wider seperation from the other linebackers in terms of skill and prototypical size. Mychael Kendricks(5'11) is good but smallish and we have Beason and Senn who are smallish.

Lber is just as bad a need and we drafted the guy who can impact the game in coverage as well as stopping guy with his read and reaction ability.

#69 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,355 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

Wait so his extra stress on his knees due to being fat has nothing do with not being able to recover from a little knee scope

Oath has never had a weight or conditioning issue. He came into camp last year in great physical shape. Yes he is s big man and that does put stress on his knee. But, he has not been overweight nor shown up at camp out of shape.

Being a large 320 lbs man playing OT is not the same as getting out of shape during the year like Kris Jenkins did every season.

Just stating a fact. If you can't handle that....that is your problem.

#70 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,355 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

And just because you are an ass who considers himself superior to other posters does not make you more informed

In this case, I am more informed.

#71 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Huh, Coples at DT wouldn't have been a bad shout. Still prefer Clark Kent though.

#72 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

No reason to take an OT when you already have 2 high quality OTs. The FO has said they want to give Otah one more chance to come back from injury. I guess that's where we differ.

Yea I think I have already given up on Otah, anyways good talk Lout. Refreshing when two people can have a decent conversation on the internet without getting at each other's throats

#73 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

...edit: not to mention his teammate Donte Paige-Moss tore his ACL in the bowl game last December and subsequently went undrafted and, as far as I know, hasn't even been picked up as an UDFA. Though DPM is a headcase,so it's not that surprising.

Your bolded part is the 'main' reason he went undrafted or signed as a UDFA. A highly talented player who has character can over come it, he could not.

#74 Verge

Verge

Huddle Troll Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hope you guys like Kuechly or Coples.

#75 Verge

Verge

Huddle Troll Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

So from what I can gather, our Big Board looked like this..

1. Morris Claiborne
2. Mark Barron
3. Luke Kuechly
4. Quentin Coples

I know what their big board was if you really want to know, the top 10 at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.