37 replies to this topic

#1 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

Saw Otah tonight at Nikkos off South Blvd. I think a lot of the Panthers players live near South End. My father in-law has a mail route off South and delivers a lot I mail to players. He told me a story about Eric Norwood being mad because he never received his mail b/c he was too dumb to forward it.

Anyway, Otah was at the bar having a water and sushi. Nothing exciting, but he did look in great shape. I wasn't 100% sure it was him until he left and the manager spoke to him.

I saw Otah his rookie year in San Diego sitting end zone when the Panthers were warming up
(Delhomme last second pass to Rosario). Not that I had forgot, but even without the pads Otah is one of the most massive people you will ever see up close.

I never speak to players when I see them out at restaurants because I know they just want to be left the fug alone, but I do believe based on what I saw he is in as good of shape as is claimed. For the record, Otah doesnt like the type who likes I chit chat. He was on his phone but didn't speak a word to anyone.

Also, we were sitting diagonally in front of Jonathon Stewart and Pickles. They were there with some random girl and guy.

I would like to think I am in pretty good shape, but Stewart's forearms are at least twice my size. He truly looks like a LB.

And Pickles, well there is a reason Jerry Richardson called him dough boy. Nothing impressive at all. Had a baseball hat on so I didn't recognize him until he was leaving.

Anyway, nothing really to report other than I was glad to see Otah looking like a beast and hoping he will play like one this year.

And Nikkos is a bomb restaurant if you've never been.

#2 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

Guys a big difference maker when he's on the field...I hope he can play a whole season for once

#3 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

Great report, soldier! Back to your battle station!

#4 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,852 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

I don't understand the moronic obsession with people here calling him lazy, or questioning his passion for the game and/or work ethic. He can't help he's gimpy anymore than I can help I have degenerative joint disease. I hope he can come back health as he's a true difference maker when he's on the field.

#5 ThaJackal

ThaJackal

Arschloch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

Did Otah at least speak to Pickles and Stewart?

#6 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

I've never said anything negative about the guy. And I guarantee very few people in this world would say something like that to him in person.

Just relaying that I saw him out and he looked to be in phenomenal physical shape and I hope he can be great this year

#7 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

Otah was sitting alone at the bar. I'm not sure when Stewart and Pickles cam in because I was with a group from work and didn't notice Stewart until I had to go recycle some beer

#8 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

Otah left before we were seated so I don't know of he would have even seen the other guys

#9 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,682 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

Otah isn't lazy, he just has the same injury plagued life that Thomas Davis has. Neither are lazy, they just aren't as lucky as a James Anderson or Jordan Gross.

#10 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

Plus it's a contract year.

#11 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,616 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

I have always been very high on Otah ... since he was drafted. I truly believe that he is not lazy or overweight, the guy was/appears to be in great shape. I also truly believe he CAN be one of the best OL in the NFL. He is a mountain of a man and needs a healthy year to show his worth. I understand the perspective that he is like Peppers, but this year will tell the tale. Contract year, never fear.

#12 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

What is Pickles doing in public, why isn't he practicing?

#13 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

Pickles seriously looks like what you would expect your JV Quarterback to be. I know he never got a truly fair shake here, but the thought that of him as a leader and player compared to Newton is absurd.

I do not dislike The Jimmy as much as I can't stand the thought of him stealing money again this year and trying to homey it up with Cam after he puts another 7 on the board.

#14 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

Otah is in the dog house. No doubt.

I expect Otah to start every game this year and play well. Contract year.

Let him walk after this season. Dude is a lazy pussy.

#15 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

some body just fuc*ing shoot me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com